Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » I think there is a error in Polar Express

Author Topic: I think there is a error in Polar Express
Josh Mitoska
Film Handler

- posted 11-16-2004 06:25 PM      Profile for Josh Mitoska   Email Josh Mitoska   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So the part where they bring in the hot Chocolate on the train. The girl puts a cup under here bench to give to the little boy in the back car. But when she puts it under her seat, they give her another cup, then she puts a second cup under her seat also, then in the next scene she has another cup in front of her. But when the people serving the hot chocolate leave she only has one under the bench. So I think the film makers made a mistake and put the same part in twice, maybe not though-

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-16-2004 08:48 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
This does not belong in FHF. Moving.

Josh - please edit the title to something along the lines of "continuity errors". Otherwise your choice of title makes it appear that this is a print defect.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2004 03:27 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, just go to www.moviemistakes.com and post your error there, they will tell you if it is a real error or not.

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 11-19-2004 07:45 PM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The girl is given a cup. She takes it and sets it next to her, ON the seat. She's given a second cup. She puts the second cup UNDER the seat. She presumedly drinks the cup next to her on the seat. Song ends. She takes the only cup under the seat and walks toward the back of the car.

Hey, I see this thing three times a day. Looking for continuity problems is the only thing that keeps me sane ... well, maybe.

One of my favorites (!?!) is when the ticket flies from the five-passenger-car train. It lands in the snow and wolves run by. The train passes in this same shot and the train has grown to somewhere around fifteen cars! Magic!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: