Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Film-Techers near Tulsa, OK.

Author Topic: Film-Techers near Tulsa, OK.
Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2004 04:31 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone here in or near Tulsa, OK?

|  IP: Logged

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 11-23-2004 06:40 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manuel Francisco Valencia may be the closest F-T member to Tulsa, he's in Oklahoma City working at the Harkins Bricktown 16. From where I live, Tulsa is a 200 mile drive "east" (northeast really) on I-44.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 11-23-2004 07:54 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That projector mailbox at the entry to the F-T picture section is located in the greater Tulsa area.

Robb Johnston
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2004 09:12 PM      Profile for Robb Johnston   Author's Homepage   Email Robb Johnston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tulsa is only about 100 miles from OKC. At least when I drove back in forth between the two the other week

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-24-2004 09:57 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you know who Ben and Corkey are then you also know they both live in Tulsa
Mark

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2004 11:19 AM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

I'm not sure who Ben or Corkey are....maybe that was directed at someone else..

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-24-2004 12:19 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, just everyone in general. Some here know who they are... [Cool] You're not in the Tulsa area so I don't think you'd know them......

Mark

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2004 01:42 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would the real Ben and Corkey please stand up?

BTW, what theatres are in that area?

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 11-24-2004 06:44 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Cinemark Tinseltown's IMAX 3D theater is really the only one in Tulsa I'd make the drive to visit. The rest of the complex is just like any other Tinseltown.

AMC has a 24 plex in Tulsa. I'm surprised anyone could get 24 screens into a location that small.

The Hollywood/Wallace Promenade has 12 THX certified theaters. I've visited the place a couple times and was not impressed by the show quality.

Dickinson Theaters has a 20-plex on the south side of the city. A former coworker who lives in Tulsa says that place has gone way downhill.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 11-24-2004 08:50 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
The Cinemark in Tulsa with the Imax theater is not a Tinseltown design. It's an Image/Legacy design. The other Cinemarks in the Tulsa area (68th Street, Broken Arrow and Sand Springs) are all 8-plex Movies/Front Row Joe designs.

The Cinemark in Oklahoma City is a Tinseltown.

I would have to agree with the comment that Dickinson's Starworld 20 in Bixby has gone downhill. [Frown]

The Promenade 12 ... the THX certification is a joke. You can hear the show next door through the walls.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: