Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Paint My Truck!!!!! Please??? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Paint My Truck!!!!! Please???
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-24-2005 11:26 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I don't have a picture as it is 12:30 in the morning here, but my truck really needs help. I use it daily to drive 17 miles one way to work. I am saving for a transmission service to be done on it and don't have the funds to pay for a paint job. It is a RUST bucket. I washed it yesterday and all that looks different are the windows. I have put so far over 3000.00 into it, including purchase price.

So my wonderful, amazing friends at the bestest website in the world. I put out a plea, just 100 of you wonderful, beautiful people send me 5.00 and I'll have a new paint job [Smile] I really think it will help me finally get what I haven't gotten in a LONG time....

Did I mention you all look wonderful in your member pics. [Big Grin]

If you won't send me money, we can all just bash how bad my truck looks when I get a pic on tomorrow. It is a '91 S-10 Blazer 4DR White & Rust color BTW

If you help, I'll star in Phil's new movie!!! Wait.....It won't be with fat chicks right Phil?

|  IP: Logged

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 01-24-2005 11:44 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dump it. Buy a reliable automobile. By the time you put all the money into it, you will have spent enough to buy a few reliable cars. Trust me. I know. I put well over 8 grand into my old nissan. It had a major break down AGAIN, and so I went out and bought a brand new '04 loaded for 9,999. (After end of year factory rebate)

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-24-2005 11:54 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since it's Phil, something tells me there won't be chicks in it at all... [Wink] [Razz]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-25-2005 01:02 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you think a $500 paint job is going to get you laid, the chicks in Florida must REALLY be desperate. [sex] [sleep]

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2005 01:05 AM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard,

I had a 1988 Saab up till about a year ago when I decided just to get a new car. When I sold it it had 300,000 miles on it and was still running strong with hardly no rust and minor problems. I miss that damn car [Frown]

Moral of this story: ummmm.... yeah, you should just get a new car/truck. Stop letting it nickel and dimein' you. All that money could go to a down payment and a pimp mobile

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-25-2005 01:20 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are barely 100 active members on the forum, much less ones who even know who you are.

How about we all pool our money together and have Richard's truck towed away to an undisclosed location during the middle of the night just for asking something like this!

Nate Lehrke
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2005 01:55 AM      Profile for Nate Lehrke   Email Nate Lehrke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Put me in for a ten spot with Joe's idea!

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2005 06:52 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there some way you can set that up with PayPal?

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 01-25-2005 07:43 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never buy a brand-new car. The value will drop by about 10% the minute you drive it off the lot.

Get a good low-mileage used car (possibly with a warranty). You'll either save money or be able to get a better car than you would otherwise be able to afford. If the cosmetics are good, it should be no less effective at picking up chicks.

(Not like I should talk...I have always had station wagons. Maybe that's the problem...)

Cory Isemann
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2005 10:03 AM      Profile for Cory Isemann   Author's Homepage   Email Cory Isemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, Why don't you post a picture of it, and we'll all get a chance to "paint" it and then post our work? There's gotta be some good Paintshoppers here on F-T.

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2005 10:38 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Scott Norwood
Never buy a brand-new car. The value will drop by about 10% the minute you drive it off the lot.
Really?!?! God damn! And here I was going to buy a NEW car and drive it across the street to the other dealer and sell it, but if it's gonna drop 10% of its value, then I dunno...

I doubt more than 10% of the population, if that, buys a new car specifically for resale. Old cars or classic cars, yes, but I have never heard someone say, "Well, I WAS going to get a new car, but the fact that it loses value..." And the first trip to the grocery store where it encounters a cart drops it 5%, and that mudpuddle on the way home... 3%...

Sorry, but that claim always irritated me when I was buying a car back in 2000. Anyone know how much % a USED car drops when you drive it off the lot? If you buy a car somewhere else and drive it ON to the lot, does it GAIN 10%? How does this work, and why should it influence a decision in buying a car?

Transportation should not be an investment. It's a utility.

=TMP=

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2005 05:31 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cars do increase in value when you drive them onto the lot. If I were to sell my 95 f150, I would lucky if I could get 3,000-3,500 for it. A dealer could easily sell it for $6,000. People are actually stupid enough to think that a car is worth more when you buy it from a dealer.

Adam Wilbert
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2005 05:37 PM      Profile for Adam Wilbert   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Wilbert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right on, Tom.

I bought a brand new car last year, and I felt at least 10% better about my decision than if I had bought another used car. The new car smell is worth 10% of the price alone, as is the ability to be able to say "look at my new car" without having to disclaimer it as "well, its used, but new to me". When my girlfriend and I moved into our brand new (newly built that is) apartment, she said "at least I know who's butt has been on the toilet here" [Wink]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-25-2005 05:43 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Scott Norwood
When I bought my new car, it had 12 miles on it. That means someone else before me took it for a test drive. Why was it not discounted 10% when that person took it for a test drive? And then another 10% when I took it for a test drive? Both times the car went off the lot. Nope, I still had to pay $17,000 for it (would have been more if I wanted automatic transmission, but I saved lots of cash by learning how to drive a stick).

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-25-2005 05:50 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Joe, that's different. That test drive is what you pay for with the $600 "local charge" or "dealer prep" or whatever bullshit name they call it in your locality.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: