Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Disney's post-Pixar future

Author Topic: Disney's post-Pixar future
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-26-2005 12:31 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ain't-It-Cool-News had a positive review of a rough cut of Disney's first in-house computer-animated film, "Chicken Little." According to the reviewer, most of the story takes place AFTER the traditional kiddie tale of "the sky is falling" and deals with CL's life after he makes that claim. So it seems a little more interesting than before. ( http://www.aintitcoolnews.com )

And, everyone probably knows that they've greenlighted "Toy Story 3" without Pixar's participation.

Thoughts? Predictions? Rants?

|  IP: Logged

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 01-26-2005 12:39 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Disney and Pixar made up. [Confused]

Scott Balko
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2005 09:09 PM      Profile for Scott Balko   Email Scott Balko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Pixar isn't involved with TS 3, I'm afraid it won't hold up in the creative end that the other 2 were. Disney animation on their own have turned out nothing but crap in the last several years, not to mention just about anything else. The only animated films that do anything have a Pixar label on them. Isn't there anything in Toy Story that Pixar owns, or is it a "Disney product" created by Pixar?

Ah! I can see it now...Woody is reunited and has amazing adventures with his childhood friends Dumbo, Bambi, Alice, etc, etc... and also announcing "Toy Story 4" available only on Disney video and DVD. [fu] [bs]

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 01-28-2005 03:38 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. Under the current contract, Disney has ownership of the intellectual property such as characters, places, and stories. This stipulation is one of the main reasons Pixar has decided to find another distributer.

Interestingly enough, though, Pixar owns the litteral 3D models. In order for Disney to make Toy Story 3, they will have to develop there own identical models! [Razz]

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 01-28-2005 09:10 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would really like to see Disney and Pixar go their separate ways. Only because if I were Pixar, I wouldn't want to be carrying the Walt Disney Company.

That's interesting what Mike says about the models. Something else working against them is that we've lost the voice actor for Slinky Dog. I wonder how they will replace him.

I just can't see how they will pull off a good story with Toy Story 3. It will do well at first because not too many people will realize that it's strictly Disney and not Pixar. Hell, most people probably think that Pixar is just a name for a department at the Walt Disney Company. [Roll Eyes]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: