Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Angelina Jolie Becomes Cambodian Citizen

Author Topic: Angelina Jolie Becomes Cambodian Citizen
Joseph L. Kleiman
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-11-2005 04:36 PM      Profile for Joseph L. Kleiman   Email Joseph L. Kleiman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just posted on the Hollywood Reporter website:

quote:
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia -- King Norodom Sihamoni has signed a special decree giving movie star Angelina Jolie Cambodian citizenship in recognition of her environmental work in the country, a senior official said Thursday. "The King signed the legal papers and that means she now has Cambodian citizenship," Toun Siphan, director of the government's international relation department, told Reuters. The Oscar-winning actress, who adopted a Cambodian son, Maddox, has agreed to spend $5 million over the next 15 years to set up a wildlife sanctuary in a former Khmer Rouge stronghold in the northwestern province of Battambang. (Reuters)

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-11-2005 06:58 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good! Maybe she'll move there and take all those paparazzi idiots with her. Except there seems to be an endless supply of paparazzi idiots so it probably wouldn't help.

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2005 09:28 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'll admit it, I kind of have the Jonez for Angelina Jolie. Lately I have learned that she has her Private Pilot License and owns and flies a Cirrus SR22. Between that and her altruism towards the worlds disadvantaged children, I think I'm going to have to fall just a little in love with her. Unrequited of course.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2005 11:07 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to admire her somewhat, as she seems to "walk the walk" so to say, when it comes to this stuff, which is more that can be said for some other celebrities.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: