Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » How To Avoid Litigation With Your Insurance Company!

Author Topic: How To Avoid Litigation With Your Insurance Company!
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-30-2006 06:56 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was listening to Michael Savavge on the way home tonight and couldn't take the stories of the Chinese cooking live(but skinned) dogs... that was just a bit too gross so I switched over to Glenn Beck..... its normally pretty tame stuff. Tonight was interesting though.... He was interviewing this guy in California that was rear ended in his car who has never been reimbursed by the guilty parties insurance company..... 21st Century Insurance. His claims which are quite a bit of $$ have gone unpaid as has his car rental that 21st Century agreed in writing to pay. So instread of incurring costly litigation he bought the names of several of the company's top executives and set up a hall of shame web site. Check out bob sandler . com
site as it tells alot more than I can begin to tell here......

There is a certain projector manufacturer which immediately comes to my mind that could also easily wear a web site such as the one above.

Mark

[ 01-30-2006, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: Mark Gulbrandsen ]

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-30-2006 09:26 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark Gulbrandsen
killing and cooking dogs when they were still alive
But... if they killed them then they most likely are not still alive.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-30-2006 09:27 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Joe,
I edited that to reflect your important observation [Big Grin] .

Mark

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-30-2006 10:05 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, sounds like you really need a satellite radio in that van!

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-31-2006 01:22 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..so he can continually hear "golden oldies" from the "Rock and Roll" era..

...such fun music back then. Not like this hip-hop, rap and hate crap that we have now...

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-31-2006 01:56 AM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I LOVVEEE Glen Beck! Don't always agree with him (a LOT more than I do Michael Savage I'll tell you that much..) but his Prosti-tots stories always make me laugh. He is also getting his own 1/2 hour program on Headline News starting this spring, i think. Anyway...just my 2 cents on Glen Beck that I had to inject.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 01-31-2006 03:51 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Warning: do not read on if you've eaten anything in the last hour or two!

quote: Joe Redifer
But... if they killed them then they most likely are not still alive.
If I understand Mark correctly, the dogs survived being skinned, but were only killed as the result of being cooked (that would do it alright).

When I was a student a kebab shop opened up in the neighbourhood, and there was a whole spate of dogs and cats disappearing from nearby households immediately afterwards. The shop closed almost as quickly as it opened - a worrying proportion of its customers ended up in A & E with food poisoning, which resulted in a coucil inspection. The facts which emerged from that (e.g. the discovery of a rats' nest in a cooker hood flue), as reported in the local paper, probably made a fair few people decide to become vegetarians.

The local pet population returned to normal after the place closed.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 01-31-2006 10:40 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Typically with insurance companies (as with anyone else) you are signing a contract. To some degree a better company will uphold their part of the contract willingly and you pay a higher price. With a cheaper price you sometimes have to have some "leverage." In any event, any contract is only as good as your ability enforce it; either through agreement or legal action.

Sue 'em! Louis

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: