Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » How would rate your theatre on a scale of 10?

Author Topic: How would rate your theatre on a scale of 10?
Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2006 01:22 AM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How would you rate the overall experience of your theatre on a scale of 1-10 if you were a customer? I know some people won't be able to answer this to keep their jobs, but it would be interesting to hear some responses.

Mine:

Probably an 8.5

Things we could do better:

Find a way to make the auditorium have a bit less echo.

Add more subs, we only have 2 JBL 18" subs and they are not quite up to the job of filling the auditorium.

Larger bathrooms.

Screen advertising.

Smallish screen for auditorium size.

Things we do well:

We try to treat customers well.

The theatre is always spotless, even when we do late shows the auditorium gets a 95% cleaning between shows.

Better presentation and sound equipment than any theatre within close range.

Skilled experienced staff, no outside employees.

The general unique atmosphere of the theatre.

|  IP: Logged

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2006 03:30 AM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd give us a 7 or so.

Cons
- Consistency in everything, it all depends on who's working
- Promoting our business
- Could use a few minor projection and concession upgrades
- Virtually no special shows
- We play second fiddle to another theater

Pros
- Customer service
- Keeping up with maintenance/cleaning
- Our presentation can be as good as our equipment depending on who's working

I'm pleased with the improvement our theater has made in the last 6 months but there's still a few bad seeds floating around.
It would be great to really get out and do some promotions, get more first runs and perhaps some theater rentals and special shows. I love doing those.

Nick Scott
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2006 05:09 AM      Profile for Nick Scott   Author's Homepage   Email Nick Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Id give my theatre a big 9 because i work there and im proud of the renovations that i have performed myself like:
SRD and DTS added on both screens
Roof raised in the smaller auditorium for a bigger screen
Freshly carpeted
Monster sound system added in our big auditorium
and the whole building freshly painted.

There is still a bit of work to do but it certainly keeps the customers happy and coming back which keeps me happy (and in a job) [Smile]

Dieter Depypere
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2006 10:06 AM      Profile for Dieter Depypere   Email Dieter Depypere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're customer friendly, but don't play every day (actually only in Summer).A technical update would also be good (get some better sound system!)

All in all 7.5

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2006 07:29 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine goes to eleven [Razz]

Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2006 02:09 PM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... I'm not sure what rating I'd give my theater...

Not in its favor:
-tucked into a corner in a little mall
...which leads to:
~parking issues
~no theater restrooms - the public ones for the mall are nearby
~concession stand / box office area quite cramped
~seats 100 patrons
-not-exactly-stellar sound set-up

But on the positive side:
-good customer service [Smile]
-couches in the auditorium [Cool]
-real butter! [Eek!]
-'high content' films rather than the 'huge budget' ones [thumbsup]
-occasional silent movie with live piano shows [eyes]
-projectionists that play enough video games to have superb hand-eye coordination for smooth changeovers [Big Grin]

We even rent out the theater for birthday parties, and other fun events. We do have a video projector mounted on the ceiling in the auditorium - so people can watch a DVD (or VHS), or play a video game at their party. [beer]

So ... at least a 7, and if you're not insistent about seeing a film with the latest top-of-the-line sound set-up - perhaps an 8.5 ?

Kris Dirix
Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2006 01:33 PM      Profile for Kris Dirix   Email Kris Dirix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gracia,

For that service is a 15 not enough [Razz]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: