Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » UPDATE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSES (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: UPDATE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSES
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-12-2006 02:39 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone please check your profile to ensure your email address is a valid and working one. Any members found to not be keeping a valid address will be removed from posting ability until such time that they contact me and have modified their profile. Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 03-13-2006 05:01 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alrighty. Didn't realize I never changed it. I was still unemployed and I haven't been for over 6 months.

I'm such a slacker.

Thanks for the reminder. [Smile]

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2006 04:23 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron Sisemore pointed out in a post earlier that there's an issue for some of us who've had an email address changed since we first came here:

The rules have changed, & now to change profile information we are asked to enter our home address, home phone number, etc.; information that was not originally required to get an account on Film-Tech, & seems to be unneccessary to give out.

Seriously, when I buy something at Best Buy, they say, "What is your phone number, please?", & I say, "I don't give that out."

Nick Scott
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2006 05:45 AM      Profile for Nick Scott   Author's Homepage   Email Nick Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All done [Smile]

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2006 10:38 AM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Done, done, done...Now IF only i could find some MELLO YELLO that easily,,,

Eric Hooper
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2006 05:21 PM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yah! I tried emailing someone the other day and it bounced!

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-14-2006 05:51 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: William Hooper
The rules have changed, & now to change profile information we are asked to enter our home address, home phone number, etc.
What are you talking about? Just for fun I made a minor change to my profile and it worked without asking for information like that.

Brad Allen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2006 08:32 PM      Profile for Brad Allen   Email Brad Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
done

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2006 03:08 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joe Redifer
What are you talking about? Just for fun I made a minor change to my profile and it worked without asking for information like that.
 -

-

What do y'all do with all those home phone numbers?

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2006 03:08 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I hadn't changed my email address and went into my profile to change it. While it turned out my email address was right the city I live in has changed. I tried to changed that and was given the same error-I was told I had to enter my street address and telephone number. Odd thing is there is no data field I can see to enter that in anyway.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-15-2006 03:31 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That must be some sort of glitch, as it doesn't happen to me. Why are you trying to change your username, William?

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2006 04:29 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Updated my e-mail address but I also had to add address and phone details.
[thumbsdown]

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2006 04:41 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not trying to change my user name.

The bit about changing the user name is just coincidental info on the screen cap made to show the Required Fields (like home phone number) are in Bold.

What do you guys want with everyone's home phone number & street address?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-15-2006 04:48 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
William, for someone who uses the site as much as you do and has yet to give us the common courtesy of sending in a picture, you have NO justification to complain about this or anything on the site. Take your happy butt over to the rules page and pay attention to #2 while I have your attention.

The info is used to help verify people as they sign up. Existing members can put 1234567890 as a phone number and 123 Main St for their address and the system will permit it to go through. City and state must be kept updated, as well as email addresses.

People who don't keep their email address updated in the system are going to start being banned, because email notifications from replies to threads and such bounce back into my email account as undeliverable. The email doesn't have to be something you check often, just something that is valid and is 'cleaned out' every so often so that the mailbox doesn't get full and start bouncing incoming messages. It's not too much to ask.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-16-2006 04:28 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Done. Thx-Monte

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: