Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Need Help Finding Information On A Company (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Need Help Finding Information On A Company
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2006 12:49 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all,

I just checked my bank records and found a transaction I don't recognize. All I know is that it is similar to an earlier transaction that I know about, but it is the same price. I don't know what this company is/does, but I'm sure I didn't make the charge...

The company name is : RSS Inc and they're out of Illinois. I've tried Googling it and am just getting information about RSS feeds. Any ideas on where I can go to get information about this charge would be helpful, my bank is also looking into this, but I want to do some research too.

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2006 12:58 PM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does it give you any clues on what town their from?

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2006 01:03 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, just from Illinois

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2006 01:12 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's odd, I couldn't find anything in Illinois. But I did find the below company, which is located in Plant City, Florida:

RSS Field Service Incorporated

Plant City, FL 33563

(813) 754-7160

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2006 01:19 PM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are a LOT of RSS Inc's online. Go to google and search "rss inc" illinois.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 06-27-2006 02:23 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What was the transaction for? Maybe you bought something from a company that was part of RSS?

Use your search engine with more keywords than just the company name. Like RSS Inc. AND the name of the product/service.

I once made a short credit card call from the Amsterdam airport, and got significantly overcharged for it by some company in San Diego. I protested the overcharge, and they never responded to the credit card company. The credit card representative seemed to know of them as soon as I protested the charge.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2006 03:11 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: John Pytlak
What was the transaction for? Maybe you bought something from a company that was part of RSS?
See, that's the thing...I don't know...

quote: Dennis Benjamin
It's odd, I couldn't find anything in Illinois. But I did find the below company, which is located in Plant City, Florida:

RSS Field Service Incorporated

Plant City, FL 33563

(813) 754-7160

I'm aware of that company, but it isn't it...I guess I'll just wait for my bank to do the investigation...

Jason M Miller
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2006 03:17 PM      Profile for Jason M Miller   Email Jason M Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would say call your credit card company

Ron Curran
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2006 07:41 PM      Profile for Ron Curran   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Curran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My credit card company charges a fee for that. Is it worth it?

Some companies use their registered name rather than their trading name on these transactions.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 06-28-2006 01:26 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Ron Curran
My credit card company charges a fee for that.
Hmmm, I'd be changing Creditcard companys if they did that shit!

Anyway Richard, I was under the impression it was your bank and not a CC company?

I use online banking and my by bank (Bank of America) lists the company and their telephone number for all direct transactions and pic copies of hand-written checks.

Any inquiry will be answered WITHOUT any bullshit or charges.

IF you don't have those features, I would seriously consider changing banks.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2006 01:05 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got BOA, They refunded my card no questions asked. I called them up and they told me it would cost more than it was worth to investigate, so they paid it up front..

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2006 01:45 AM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently wrote a 1000 dollar check to Circuit City. I forgot to transfer money to the account I wrote the check on. When I realized my mistake, they had tried to send the check through twice. I transferred enough money to cover my check.(this is a personal account I don't use much) Circuit City turned this over to a collection agency, even though they cashed my check! The collection agency somehow wrote a check on my account and collected their fee from my account. It was only 20 dollars, but it overdrew my account. Now my bank charges me 6 dollars a day because I am overdrawn on that account! I can see a photocopy of the check that the collection agency wrote, I did not authorize this check, just some shit that I will deal with when I return to the states next month. The copy shows the front and back of the check! It is signed "pre authorized debit" where I would sign my name.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 07-02-2006 09:44 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm staying with paper for a proper paper-trail!!!! Louis

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-02-2006 10:52 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard,

Thats exactly why I am at a Credit Union and not at a bank. My Credit Union offers so may services, many free, as to blow any bank out of the water! When there is a charge it is much less than a banks charges. I travel alot like you do and I don't have auto deposit and sometimes I get back in town and have two or three checks waiting to deposit... so I set up an overdraft account with them so I can still write checks and use my debit card while I am on the road without needing to worry about overdraft and the daily associated charges.

Mark

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 07-02-2006 11:18 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
interestingly the canadian banking associations is moving towards a "paperless" system
One item is cheques have to machine written in a specific format and font and location (IE computor printed cheques)
Also they will no longer return cheques with your statement but provide a online source to view a scanned image
(when I questioned the requirement from CCRA for original paper documents for tax pureposes they responded that that was my problem)

http://www.cdnpay.ca/publications/pdfs_publications/imaging.pdf

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: