Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » HTTP_REFERRER Error ovecome

Author Topic: HTTP_REFERRER Error ovecome
Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2006 05:39 AM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I was finally able to overcome this problem on my home PC , and as I run Explorer 6 and have Norton Internet Security loaded I gave up trying to find the cause for the Referrer being blocked .... until I viewed the Log in the Internet Statistics of the Norton Internet Security and found the referer being blocked but only on the Film Tech site , and that only being in the Privacy settings , I had a look in the settings (configure ,advanced) and changed the Global setting "information about visited sites" to permit and I could finally see the Pics on the forum once again . [Eek!]

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-09-2006 06:39 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
It's amazing what kind of cool info can be found on the faq page.

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2006 11:33 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oooooooooh ZING! [Big Grin]

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2006 01:26 PM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I did look in the Faq and since I was using Explorer and Norton , it was hard to see where the problem was Explorer or Norton Internet Security , I had dropped all the security on the firewall and this did not help , also the privacy settings and all other settings I could but still the same problem , in Faqs it says
quote:
Also note that if you are using a software based firewall, you MUST make sure that the HTTP_REFERRER is not being blocked. Generally with a program like ZoneAlarm you can simply add www.film-tech.com to your "safe website" list. Some variations of Norton/Symantec firewalls are also guilty of blocking the HTTP_REFERRER to be sent. This is a local problem on your end. We cannot possibly keep track of every variation of a firewall to provide troubleshooting assistance for. Please first try adding the website to your "safe list" in your firewall and if that does not work for you, contact the technical support of your firewall product and ask them how to permit referrer logging to the website server. We can not assist with this. Please do not ask.
which is OK if you know where to go to unblock it , but all the searching in google etc did not come up with the answer . Just thought it may help others out there [Confused]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: