Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Regal Complaint System

Author Topic: Regal Complaint System
John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-10-2006 12:36 PM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
article here

quote:

Problem in theater? Just buzz manager

By BETSY PRICE
The News Journal

08/04/2006
Read Comments

Sick of folks talking on cell phones during movies? Movies that are showing half on the wall? People cursing or behaving inappropriately? Weird sound levels?

Regal Brandywine Town Center 16 in Brandywine Hundred is one of 13 Regal Entertainment theaters testing a new Guest Response System that will allow theatergoers to buzz management if there's a problem.

While Regal workers routinely patrol auditoriums, the company hopes the system will make moviegoing a more pleasant experience.

Under the program, theater workers will invite selected patrons to carry a paging device into the theater. Each device has four buttons. Each button alerts management to a different problem, such as sound or picture problems, a disturbance or piracy. When the patron pushes a button, a message goes to a device worn by a manager that tells the nature of the concern and the auditorium.

"If something needs attention, we want to know about it and respond as quickly as possible," Dick Westerling of Regal said in a statement. "With the Regal Guest Response System, our patrons provide us extra eyes and ears, and can immediately report concerns without leaving their seat."

Contact Betsy Price at 324-2884 or beprice@delawareonline.com.

Man I'm so sick of the movie playing half on the wall every time I go to the theater. This would never happen with digital, digital's perfect! When are they going to start showing the feature with those little conference room projectors? Every fuck*ng time I go to Regal there's something wrong (unless they happen to be going through bankruptcy at the moment, then everything's perfect) which is why I will now drive a good 30 minutes to the Cinemark out of town. Saw "Pirates" there on Sunday, perfect presentation, even in crappy optical Ultra*Stereo.

|  IP: Logged

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 08-10-2006 03:25 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,

What Cinemark do you go to? I'm still new to DE, so I'm not sure where everything is yet.

Regal Brandywine does have issues from time to time. For a while there, they scratched movies somewhat regularly.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 08-10-2006 07:02 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
See this thread.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: