Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Film Tech Storkers are there many?

Author Topic: Film Tech Storkers are there many?
Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2006 01:54 AM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A little while ago my state manager received a print out of two complete threads of film tech and a cover note stating that I was critisinging management and suppliers. signed A CINEMA PIONEER.
(for the rest of the world this is an australian club for people with 20 year of service in cinema or feature film production)

One thread was about the Lenard 4 way active horn loaded speaker system. the other Dolbys Digital Projection Seminar.

Thankfully this was seen for what it was, simply a low act, no name was attached, so It quickly became a "whos do we know who is petty enough to do this senario".

What was interesting was the obvious malace intended and that they didnt even understand the topics.

Firstly whats wrong with critising a supplier? Lenard themselves wanted as much advice as possible and asked for that thread (to have access to advice from some of the most experienced film techs in the world) as it was the first permanant install they had done.( my god its good)

Secondly the other thread was about what will happen when D cinema is adopted. Personally I believe I will be made redundant.

Anyway with 21 years of working in cinema , perhaps I will bump into the person at my introduction dinner for the pioneers

[beer]

Is this to be expected here? anyone else with a similar story?

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-26-2006 02:06 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh this dates back a number of years. It is a guy from Australia who got kicked off of the forums a long time ago who was being an ass (and really didn't have much of a clue to projection things in general). Anyway I can't remember his name right off of the top of my head, but that's where this nonsense comes from. Essentially this guy who got booted from the forums is just trying to stir up the shit and get even. (Note he commonly represents himself as being part of a group.)

You would think after all this time he would've found something better to do with his life, but I guess not. [Roll Eyes] Just ignore it.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 08-26-2006 05:06 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The bottom line is that this is a public website which anyone can read, assholes included. So basically, don't post anything you wouldn't feel comfortable with your worst enemy reading.

I probably meet 3-4 people a year who say they've seen my posts here, but don't post themselves. So I'd guess that there are a significant number of lurkers. Unless Brad feels that there might be some point in operating a 'members' only' board within the forum (i.e. one in which you need to be a registered user in order to read posts as well as write them), when what we post here is for public consumption.

FWIW, my personal feeling is that a members' only board runs the risk of becoming a flamefest (I am a member of one which got so nasty last year, that potentially libellous posts started getting written and it caused a massive hassle for the moderators), and would probably be more trouble than it's worth.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 08-26-2006 07:37 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's amazing how fast and seemingly easy people find it to become incredibly intolerant and uncivilized and I might add unChristian for that matter. We seem to have become a nasty, arrogant culture. To bad that label of The Ugly American really seems to have resonance these days. It's a shame.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: