Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Peter Brock dead at 61

Author Topic: Peter Brock dead at 61
Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2006 05:18 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another Australian Icon has joined Steve Irwin.

Australian Racing legend has been killed in Western Australia today while participating in a rally.

His car hit a tree killing Peter and injuring his co driver.

RIP

|  IP: Logged

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2006 05:29 AM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes very sad ,he was due to race in the Targa in New Zealand and is very well loved here in NZ , a great sportsmen who gave alot back to the public , supporting youth safe driving and many other acts of sharing his talent and knowledge [beer]
 -
Famous for winning on the Bathurst mountain many times in 05

[ 09-08-2006, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Paul Cassidy ]

Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2006 07:36 PM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First Steve Irwin and now Peter Brock.

Not a good week for Australia.

Regards Peter

Nick Scott
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2006 08:26 PM      Profile for Nick Scott   Author's Homepage   Email Nick Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it is a sad week in Australia.
Peter Brock was a motor sport legend and will be remembered for a long long time.
The tree that he hit has taken the lives of 8 people i hope they realise its time to cut it down now.
RIP

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2006 01:10 AM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see why you people care....

It's not like you actually knew the guy....

People die every day....

Dick mode off....

Nick Scott
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2006 01:40 AM      Profile for Nick Scott   Author's Homepage   Email Nick Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually i did no the guy quite well.

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2006 06:23 AM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes we did know him and get to meet and talk with him , he was that sort of guy [scream]

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2006 09:39 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like he was a decent guy. My heart goes out to his family..

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2006 04:36 PM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you would like to know what sort of person he was click on the link Peter (Perfect) Brock

Keith Peticolas
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2006 07:17 PM      Profile for Keith Peticolas   Email Keith Peticolas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is kinda sad when any of us die. Even if it is someone I don't know or don't like. Imagine how the children of the Croc guy must feel right now. Not caring about life, any life, is a bad road that leads to places like Dachau and the W.T.C.

Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-10-2006 06:38 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is surprising

A film-tech thread about the death of a famous celebrity and the thread hasn't degenerated into a senseless barrage of insensitive critism and flaming.

But then again most of the posters are Australian or Kiwis so why should I be surprised? [Wink]

I do hope somebody cuts that tree down. Should have been done ages ago methinks.

cheers Peter

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2006 04:06 AM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Peter Berrett
I do hope somebody cuts that tree down. Should have been done ages ago methinks.
Methinks your right Peter.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 09-13-2006 05:23 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been a racing fan my entire life. Racing was one of the things I always wanted to do. I once had the chance to handle a beautiful Mustang (car not the horse) and hit 155 mph at the two mile mark. It was a great thrill, and very dangerous. Anyone who thinks this is easy or not a sport, just does not understand what a driver must do not just to win, but to survive.

I knew of Brock through my young adult life, however mainly was a fan of the Andrettis and Dale. My mother was always partial to Rusty, I think it was more crush than racing style!

Any death of someone so beloved is always sad. Death in general, while inevitable and unescapable, still brings emotions of sadness and loss. I have always felt that it comes from unknowingness of that which we cannot experience without surrendering ourselves as well, knowing that there is no return.

Peter Brock was an amazing talent behind the wheel. He was an amazing person even when not in a car. His name will live on as his foundation will continue to do his work. I do believe that he will always be there guiding them along their path as they help those who need a leg up. I know his family will find happiness in knowing that he never tried to be an example, he just did what he believed to be right.

Ciao Brock, Ciao.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2006 05:31 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the reason that this hasn't turned into the bitch fest the other thread has, is because the a-holes in that thread haven't heard of this guy. [Wink]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 09-15-2006 08:31 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you're right, Mike! [Wink]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: