Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » I faked my own death on the Internet.

Author Topic: I faked my own death on the Internet.
William Clark
Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2006 05:05 PM      Profile for William Clark   Email William Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's somewhat of a long explanation as to why. The story is somewhat irrelevant, but I'll share it anyway. Feel free to laugh at the following ridiculous Internet drama.

I registered at a website, and after a while met a woman who was also a member there. She liked me very well, and I thought she was interesting. Well, that relationship got very deep and emotional, but I started growing tired of it. After a while, I stopped calling her, logging on to that website, and logging on to my instant messaging programs. The deterioration before that point was obvious, though, so I suppose she somewhat expected it.

Anyway, I thought I was rid of her, and with my address and phone number changed (which she had), I was in the clear. Not so much. Another website where I post, called DVD in my Pants, apparently was one she knew that I posted at and she knew my username. She registered there and started sending me private messages. I responded, usually with very short answers not really explaining anything.

Anyway, the types of people at that forum are the types who love zany, morbid humor, so I had one of the moderators post in the moderaters-only forum my elaborate scheme to post a fake suicide letter on that forum, take about a week off, and come back with a new user account (with a much different username). I posted the fake suicide letter already, and am watching my scheme unfurl.

I don't know whether to cry, not care, or just laugh my ass off at the entire situation.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-14-2006 05:35 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"DVD in my Pants?"

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2006 05:39 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that seems so easy. No hassle at all

Here is the approach that I take. Just say "I don't like you and I don't want to talk to you anymore."

William Clark
Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2006 05:44 PM      Profile for William Clark   Email William Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do realize I'm being stupid and crazy. It's definitely a lot of fun, that way, though. I have a feeling the entire scheme will fail and she'll find me anyway, but in the meantime the process is hilarious.

Call me young. Call me naive. Call me stupid. You're probably right.

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2006 08:18 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps you really want her to find you again, but don't consciously realize it.
Seems you've gone to much trouble, changing your phone #, etc., when you could've just told her you were dating someone else and no longer interested.
Not that I've not done equally irresponsible things in my youth...sometimes one needs a "social advisor" especially if we grow up without an older brother or sister to show the way.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 09-16-2006 03:13 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You gave her your phone number?

Rent the DVD PLAY MISTY FOR ME.

quote: Chris Hipp
Here is the approach that I take. Just say "I don't like you and I don't want to talk to you anymore."
Chris, when it comes to needy, emotionally twisted women, this rarely works. In fact, it is the very connection they want, so ANY communication with them, even if you just telling them in what you think are no uncertain terms that you hate them and are contemplating driving over them with your SUV, it will be seen as you "connecting" with them. The best and ONLY thing that will work is to totally ignor them. Changing your phone number is a good first step, although if it has gone THAT far that you would have to comtemplate such a drastic and personally detrimental action, she's won that round big time. \

On the other hand, this type of relationship can cost you (as it already has) a shit-load of acid reflux -- dude, you already had to change your phone number...how intrusive is THAT? all because of some demented chick....and you didn't even get laid! I wouldn't have changed my number, I would have just put in an answering machine and Caller ID and never EVER answer when she calls, not even to say, "Stop calling me" --which, again, is the very "connection" she thrives on. And the angrier you get, that is emotion directed at her and it make her wet; in a mind that is emotionally crippled, that is interpreted as GOOD....they think, "look at how emotional he is....deep down he really loves me, he just doesn't know it yet". Their job then become MAKING YOU SEE that you love them. Believe me, I have been there and know the drill; it's not pretty.

Changing screen names is fine, only she can do the same thing, you know -- she can change her screen name and come back as a new persona. And demented as she may get trying to engage you, she is by no means stupid. In fact, she probably is more clever than you give her credit for and she may be able to figure out who you are just by your posts under your new name. She might even be clever enough to be able to seduce you a second time with you not even knowing it's her. She might even be able to get you to give up your phone number a second time. If you do, bro, then you deserve whatever hell she has in store for you.

Listen to Uncle Frank....turn off your computer; go out to a club with REAL people and get yourself laid like REAL people do. It's a lot more fun, and you won't have to pretend to kill yourself.

Nick Scott
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2006 03:23 AM      Profile for Nick Scott   Author's Homepage   Email Nick Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Listen to Uncle Frank....turn off your computer; go out to a club with REAL people and get yourself laid like REAL people do. It's a lot more fun, and you won't have to pretend to kill yourself.

Damn straight Frank [Wink]

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 09-16-2006 03:54 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never like being a killjoy, however I have to interject here or I will carry this like a wet dog to a buffet line.

Suicide is no laughing matter, and is no joke. Pretending to kill yourself to rid yourself of a problem that you walked right in to of your own volition and considering it funny is just not funny at all.

Suicide is a very real problem and when you have a loved one attempt it twice it becomes a very real situation to deal with.

When you have a disorder that has a very high rate of suicide, and it is treated with medications that often cause normal people to commit suicide, no one would ever let you joke about it, much less say the word. It's like yelling fire in a crowed theater, or bomb at the airport.

I am not knocking you personally for this, just a bit of friendly advice from one with very close experience. Using it in a way that you would find funny degrades those that need help to avoid it.

Now, if you have a phony newspaper article posted that tells the tale of you attempting armed robbery and you were shot and killed in your attempt to flee, this is a totally different story. So far Bank robbery is still a felony, and has not as yet been classified as a disorder that can be treated with pills.

But hey, there is still time to make that happen.

Ciao [beer]

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2006 11:44 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't Brad try to fake his own death once? Hence the "Cell Phone Harassment?" thread about the girl he was hiding out from. It didn't work out so well for him either. Didnt it TYSON! [Big Grin]

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2006 12:07 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, William Clark...

After doing just a few minutes of googling on the Internet, I can honestly say - you need to go see a shrink.

Who is Natalie Lindstrom?

[Big Grin]

William Clark
Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2006 11:16 PM      Profile for William Clark   Email William Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Natalie Lindstrom is yet another creation of the demented mind of Will Clark.

I'd certainly like to defend myself concerning the subject matter of this thread, but all I'd be really doing is making excuses and trying to pin the responsibility on someone other than me... which isn't the right thing to do.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: