Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Deadwood Cancelled (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Deadwood Cancelled
Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2006 06:02 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like there will be no fourth season of Deadwood. HBO considered a 6 episode (instead of 12) wind down to the series but it's producer declined. All actors have been released to pursue other roles elsewhere
It was HBO's most popular series.

First Carnivale now Deadwood. Those guys are really stupid

|  IP: Logged

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2006 07:37 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That does suck, I just started watching it a few months ago. I think the word COCKSUCKERS is an appropriate term here.

Ron Yost
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2006 08:59 PM      Profile for Ron Yost   Email Ron Yost   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh NO! [Mad]

HBO really seems to be bottom-feeding these days (Lucky Louie). [puke] What a pity.

On the positive side, it means I probably won't ever pay for the HBO\Showtime\Max 'block' again. [beer]

Ron Yost .. another Carnivale and Deadwood fan.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2006 09:49 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually like Lucky Louie. It feels like an R rated version of Married with Children.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2006 10:03 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't this old news? I heard about 2-4 months back that that cocksucker Milch accepted a 2 2 hour (4 hours total) program deal for a "4th" season to wrap up the show, after HBO refused to sign on for the whole year, and then offered a 6 episode 4th season. Unless that has gone down the drain thanks to those cheap cocksuckers at HBO, this latest news sucks.

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 09-29-2006 12:19 AM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite show in years. The layers of nuance, the acting, the vision and then Milch gets bored.

We worked out an acceptable substitute to CSer. We say Pot Sticker with feeling every time. Works almost as well. The first time Wu said it was an unforgetable moment.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-29-2006 12:56 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Wu episode from the first season (white cocksucker!) had me almost in tears... been a very long time since that has happened. It's a shame it's coming to an end so soon.

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-29-2006 05:13 AM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really expected another season to wrap the story. Its a darn shame that when they get a show that requires a little more than base level intelligence to appreciate, they kill it off. The dialogue on "Deadwood" approached Shakespearean quality.

After "The Sopranos" has its final run I'll cut my cable expenses even more.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 09-29-2006 08:24 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Ron Yost
HBO really seems to be bottom-feeding these days (Lucky Louie).
I thought Lucky Louie was a pretty good show. But it has also been cancelled.

I agree with others, HBO is indeed going downhill. I may drop it from my satellite bill once The Sopranos is finished.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 09-29-2006 12:19 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HBO and Showtime, being pay cable services, will renew shows based upon the number of new subscriptions they bring, instead of how many people actually watch them.

A show like Lucky Louie isn't going to bring new people, but Sopranos always does.

The way to ensure that your favorite show stays on, is to cancel your subscription after the run of a season, then hook it back up just before the new season begins. If enough people do this, then their numbers show that people are signing up for the service for that show. It is how some really odd shows stay on pay cable, while great shows seem to get killed.

Ciao

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-29-2006 06:13 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That must be why there's so much time in between seasons of Sopranos... they probably count on the fact that not all people will cancel it after the season is done... will be interesting to see how the numbers drop when that's finally done. They're sure dragging out the last season.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2006 07:38 AM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to watch DEADWOOD & CARNIVALE, but they just didn't click with me. Soprano's has one or two great moments, then it just dies off.

Best show, IMHO, on HBO is THE WIRE. A very deep and complicated show. You really need to have seen it from the beginning to appreciate the depth of character...characters from previous seasons appear in odd ways, sometimes. I think its the best thing on television this year. Already renewed for Season 5!

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2006 08:09 PM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sopranos was great until Nancy Marchand died. The whole show was kinda based on Tony's relationship with his mother and after there was no more mother, things just didn't have the same grab.

Carnivale never did a thing for me, but Deadwood was kind of intriguing. Now, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Ali G were fantastic shows and HBO needs something like that to regain some oomph.

Adam Wilbert
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2006 08:34 PM      Profile for Adam Wilbert   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Wilbert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the best show you've never seen was Dead Like Me on Showtime. It was cancelled after its second season. I think its showing on SciFi now.

I bought the second season of Deadwood when it came out, but haven't watched any of the episodes yet. Its just sitting on my shelf gathering dust... [Frown]

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2006 09:37 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was slightly disappointed in Deadwood season 2, with Als health problems, it was more about the town than him and seems like about 60% less "cocksuckers" were said. It picked up a little steam at the end but that stuff with Bullock and his brothers wife was a little boring.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: