Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What do you offer your cinema customers? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What do you offer your cinema customers?
Jamie Glossop
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2006 05:15 PM      Profile for Jamie Glossop   Author's Homepage   Email Jamie Glossop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As all cinemas make money via selling of food, what other offers do you provide your customers to keep money going into your business?

For example regular coke and popcorn = £3.60 or add 50p and go large,

Buy one get one free etc.

|  IP: Logged

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2006 05:38 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AMC has their moviewatcher program. Buy X number of tickets and you get something for free. I think they also give a free small popcorn for "moviewatchers" on certain days of the week. It has been about four years since I dealt with any of that so I can't give any more detail.

Anslem Rayburn
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2006 09:03 PM      Profile for Anslem Rayburn   Email Anslem Rayburn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moviegoer Club

Every 3 tickets purchased gets a free medium popcorn

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-05-2006 09:54 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a Student Discount Card. (We call them "Roxy cards.") Kids 12 - 18 can get a card (free) which entitles them to a 75¢ discount on each movie. The card is stamped each time they come, and after they have 10 stamps they get a free admission and a fresh card.

In concession, we have the Big Combo (Large drink/Large popcorn), the Couple Combo (Jumbo popcorn/2 large drinks) and a Kids Tray combo (popcorn, small drink and candy in a tray). All very popular.

We're currently trying out the "Kernel Season's Popcorn Flavoring." Got some samples at the convention. No decision yet on whether to keep offering it or not.

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 10-05-2006 10:58 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will mention that, as a customer, Kernal Seasons makes a big difference to me. I will buy popcorn at theatres that offer it, and I usually get nachos at theatres that don't.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2006 11:08 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
£3.60 for popcorn and a drink.

I assume you're an independent cinema with prices that low.

Anslem Rayburn
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2006 11:28 PM      Profile for Anslem Rayburn   Email Anslem Rayburn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We also offer a small combo w/candy, a large combo, and a 'dinner' combo (hot dog, nachos, soda). We have Kernel Seasonings, and have a full coffee house in our lobby.

Jamie Glossop
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2006 01:54 AM      Profile for Jamie Glossop   Author's Homepage   Email Jamie Glossop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was an example price.

I currently work at a multiplex cinema which soon im to own my own cinemas which im looking forward too [Smile]

Edwin Sheldon
Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2006 03:09 AM      Profile for Edwin Sheldon   Email Edwin Sheldon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a Five Buck Club, wherein members who present their membership card can see most any movie that has been in theatres at least two weeks for a flat $5 price. Since the cards are free and you can get one for each member of your family, people can save plenty of money if they don't feel the need to see every blockbuster as soon as it's in theatres.

Charles Greenlee
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2006 08:07 PM      Profile for Charles Greenlee   Author's Homepage   Email Charles Greenlee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Chris Hipp
AMC has their moviewatcher program. Buy X number of tickets and you get something for free. I think they also give a free small popcorn for "moviewatchers" on certain days of the week. It has been about four years since I dealt with any of that so I can't give any more detail.
Sounds simliar to our Regal Crown Club card. Same basic idea. BTW, Tues. is our free small popcorn day. Yours?
quote:
£3.60 for popcorn and a drink
x about 1.72 = $6.19. A bit cheap, but could very well be an independan't price. Especially if it's a small drink small popcorn. Is £1=$1.72 about right, or is it more like $1.78 now? That'd make it $6.41 then.

Daniel Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2006 08:19 PM      Profile for Daniel Wright   Email Daniel Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought the free popcorn was a really smart deal. For one the popcorn is really salty. That means a thirsty customer who is also feeling rich because they just got something for free. I wonder just how much it actually boosts the other concession sales.

Donna Siegwart
Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2006 08:45 PM      Profile for Donna Siegwart   Author's Homepage   Email Donna Siegwart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you go to www.moviewatcher.com , there is more info about amc's card. It's a good deal, every ticket you buy you get 2 points, every so many points you get either free popcorn, free drink, $1.00 candies, or a combination of things, sometimes you can get a free ticket, popcorn and drink deal all in one. In NJ every wednesday you get a free popcorn no matter what if you have a moviewatcher card. I personally tell all of our guests to do it. They seem to complain less if they get the card [Wink] [Wink]

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 10-06-2006 09:22 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being the only subrun in the area we have the lowest admission price, also the lowest concession prices, and half price refills.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 10-06-2006 10:01 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like Regal's system of awarding points based on how much you spend. It's 1 box office dollar = 1 point (rounded), so if you attend full-price shows (which I rarely do) you earn more points and reach the reward levels more quickly. They award concessions points too but I don't think it's the same formula as for tickets. Every time I go there I'm surprised at how many people don't take advantage. It's free stuff, costs you nothing to join, yet most people can't be bothered.

On the downside, they no longer have yeast for the popcorn. Bastards! [Wink]

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-07-2006 12:57 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, the reason I wouldn't take advantage of this is that I already have a wallet full of cards for various places now.

I have 2 grocery cards, and you don't get the sale prices unless you have the card. I have some for clothing stores, the Discovery store, ice cream shops, Best Buy, etc.

The best incentive plans I have are directly tied to credit/debit cards. Spend the money and they add on the points. Just from doing my daily business, I just got $75 to Ruth's Chris for my wife's birthday.

I appreciate the offer of the discounts and specials, but I can't fit too many more in my wallet!

If there was one theatre I went to regularly, I'd consider it, but I go to a number of different locations depending on circumstances.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: