Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » 2006 Showeast who's going? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 2006 Showeast who's going?
Bob Cunningham
Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2006 08:33 PM      Profile for Bob Cunningham   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Cunningham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any good Hotels in the area under $100?

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-11-2006 09:26 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can stay at the Disney Value Resorts for around $80. (Pop Century or All Star.) But the rooms are small. Off Disney property, there are actually thousands of below-$100 rooms in that area.

We ALMOST went, but a family medical thing has sidelined us. Next year for sure.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 10-12-2006 09:51 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Going with wife. Always stay at the "Holiday Inn Sunspree" Cheap, but kiddie oriented. Located less than 1 mile from the show. Did I mention cheap? Louis

Charles Greenlee
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2006 11:03 AM      Profile for Charles Greenlee   Author's Homepage   Email Charles Greenlee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When is it? Cost? I hope I can go. But between my 2 jobs, I don't think I'll be able to.

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2006 12:38 PM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be there in booths 614 and 616 like usuall. Stop by and say hi.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2006 03:18 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be there again as well.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 10-12-2006 06:15 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be there this year, as it turns out...I didn't think I was going but I have some appointements to attend to.

Anyway on the hotels...Disney is not as cheap this year as in the past...even the Value resorts are topping $100/day (I think closer to $110).

My traditional ShowEast resort is the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista on Palm Parkway...it used to be about $39/night. However its price can change daily depending on how full it is and the time of year. This close to booking time it is probably up around $60-$80/night...notably cheaper than Disney or the Marriot World Center.

A nice thing about staying in one of the surrounding hotels like the Comfort Inn is that there are many choices of where to eat too. They are close enough to the amusement parks if you must go and they are very close to the Show.

Steve

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-14-2006 04:54 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our whole company is going. Don't know who's going to take care of Mike Blaksley if he goes down.... guess it'll have to wait. I hope who ever is sick at your place gets better soon Mike... [thumbsup]

quote: Louis Bornwasser
Cheap, but kiddie oriented.
Louis... you can put a quarter in the kiddie plane at that place and still go flying... much cheaper and can be just as much fun after a beer or two.

Mark

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-14-2006 05:42 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, I was going to buy a new projector that week! [Wink]

Nobody's really sick here, my mom is going in for a hernia operation late next week and I'll have to stick around closer to their house to help out as needed. Theatre should be unaffected...the automation will keep screwing up as per normal.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-25-2006 07:39 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am still here at Showeast. I am pretty determined to never waste tome going to Showest again. I was able to get so much more accompished at Showeast than in three years of continous Showests. Now I just need to conivince my customers to come here instead of Vegas. It is so much more relaxed than the Vegas show is... Not all manufacturers may have a booth but just about all manufacturers personel are here! They are also building a new convention hall next to the Marriott and I was told that Showeast will more than likely be in the new addition next year with even better facilities to use.
Showest has so outgrown Bally's that even going to it is beginning to be just nonsense.

Mark

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 10-26-2006 03:48 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Easy show this year due to no hurricanes [Big Grin] Had all my appointments planned for one day...only missed one person due to scheduling. I know Mark has probably gained 10 pounds from all the free food from Dolby and DTS [Razz]

Charles Greenlee
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2006 12:16 PM      Profile for Charles Greenlee   Author's Homepage   Email Charles Greenlee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, and I so wanted to go.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-28-2006 04:39 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Richard Fowler
I know Mark has probably gained 10 pounds from all the free food from Dolby and DTS

Richard is right... Both Dolby and DTS had really nice food spreads. Dolby's was actually located on the trade show floor for all attending the show to enjoy while the party DTS threw was also very nice and went on for quite some time. Well, I am back on my Shreaded Wheat diet now.... The food at KSC sucks big time! Go see the shuttle, just don't eat the food. If this is what the Astronauts have to eat they probably suffer major indigestion and diahreea while in orbit and can't wait to get back to Immodium and Betty Crocker.

Its obvious that I'm still running on eastern time too or I'd still be asleep..... [sleep] .

Mark

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 10-28-2006 02:53 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Using the "hot dog" rating system: Showeast is 50% cool since only one hot dog vendor was there....no wait....25% cool since she cut each dog in half. Louis

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-29-2006 12:00 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Louis,

Just attend a game at Wrigley Field... they gove you the whole dog there. Forget the Cubbies and just enjoy the crown, ballpark and the Eisenmann Hot Dogs that they have been serving there for almost 75 years! The factory is just a couple of blocks from the ballpark... how convenient for a major dog maker.

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: