Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Post your vacation pics here! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Post your vacation pics here!
Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 10-22-2006 08:29 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, everyone takes some kind of vacation at some point. Let us know where you went and show off a little!

As for me, my parents invited me and my boyfriend Matt up to their timeshare in the Berkshires (Massachusetts) for the weekend. Here are a couple pics.

We went to Florida see!!! Note the Massachusetts symbol in the middle. =)
 -

Matt is envious...
 -

Pretty River!
 -

Us at the river.
 -

Yes, we stayed in the same state but went about 3 1/2 hours from our home. We had fun, it was a nice little road trip!

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-24-2006 06:57 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rachel,

Since moving to Utah my whole life has been a vacation! So you'd have to go to my picture page at Yahoo and look since there are too many pictures to post here.

Mark

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2006 04:18 PM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark--

How 'bout a link to your site on Yahoo?

Thx! [Smile]

Kelly Skaggs
Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2006 05:33 PM      Profile for Kelly Skaggs   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Skaggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Mark how about a link? I love it out there in Utah, never been North of 70, but have been alot South of it.

Kel

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-24-2006 05:51 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
K, Try this link. The U/W pics are there for my old dive buddys to access. Most of those were taken back in the 80's.

Mark

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2006 06:12 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been many places but here are a few shots I have taken

San Antonio trip a few years ago:
 -
 -

Isle de Cozumel

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

There was a lot of nice scenery at Playa de Tulum, but I didn't have my camera.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 10-25-2006 04:14 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm... lots of girls.

Mark, nice pics!!! [Big Grin]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-25-2006 05:25 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Check out the wrist on that one Chris. [Razz]

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2006 05:26 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't bother me none.

Matt Fields
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2006 05:45 PM      Profile for Matt Fields   Email Matt Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a picture of the Lewis River I took recently at Yellowstone.

-

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-25-2006 09:56 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris,

Nice shot of the Boeing [thumbsup] [Big Grin] [Cool] !

I just posted a couple of new albums... Veedavoo and Losee Canyon and added some more pics to Albion Basin. Am off to KSC tommrrow to see rockets and stuff so that should bring some good pics.

Mark

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2006 10:52 PM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark--

FANTASTIC photos! Was the steam engine that you were
leaning against undergoing an overhaul?

Love those steamers! [Smile]

Dieter Depypere
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2006 11:53 AM      Profile for Dieter Depypere   Email Dieter Depypere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Belgium, end of September 2006 (9/23 - 9/30):

I was out there for one week, travelling by aircraft. The flight took me approx. 90 minutes from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Brussels National Airport (and vice versa). I reached my final destination Kortrijk after a train voyage of another 80 minutes. The weather was rather ok.

I first started off to Lille, France on 9/26 (I was near the border to France, so it was really inviting to go there.). Unfortunately a cup of coffee costs rougly 5-6 US $ there.
This pic is on the marketplace in Lille:

-

=======================================

9/27 - Brussels, the capital of Belgium.

-

As you may know, the Atomium is located in Brussels on the so-called Heysel (next to it there is a big multiplex including an IMAX theatre!)

-

-

=============================================

9/28 - Brugge, the "Venice of the North" (because of its water). Note the water behind me while standing on a bridge.

-

So what did I forget? Well, Belgium is a monarchy. King Albert II lives in the Royal Palace in Brussels:

-

I travelled to those destinations by train, bus and my feet [Wink]
Yes, it was cool out there. If you like beer, then this is your destination [Wink]

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2006 01:22 PM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dieter--

Kool pics. Hope you enjoyed the trip!
PS: Keep in touch. E me. [Wink]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-26-2006 02:49 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Floyd,
No, 844 was actually under steam in the picture. It was leaving the next day on an extended excursion. 3985 the Challenger steamer is still undergoing overhaul and won't be back in service for about a year and a half. New tires, all new bearings and more. The boiler is just fine though. It spemnt years moving 3000 ton trains around by itself. Amazingly the most difficult part of steamer maintainance is just keeping them clean. The EPA won't allow the harsh cleaners to be used that were used in the old days.

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: