Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Did you dress up in a halloween costume for work today? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Did you dress up in a halloween costume for work today?
Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 10-31-2006 01:59 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I work in a small corporate office of maybe 40 or 50 people, and only two of us dressed up today. I dug out my jedi costume that I made for the episode III premier, and the other person wore a pooddle skirt, bobby socks, and the whole 50s get up. As she said, everyone else is "no fun." [Frown]

So how about you... did you dress up for work today? Or did you just dress up to go around town in a costume? Will you hand out candy in a costume? What are you dressed as?

Or are you no fun?

|  IP: Logged

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 10-31-2006 04:53 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To my knowledge, two people in my office (of sixty or so) dressed up...and one of the two is mad at the other for making her dress up.

I can't justify a costume as I can't come up with something more creepy or frightening than my natural appearance.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-31-2006 05:57 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm lots of fun, but I cannot stand putting on dopey costumes. I can embarass myself just fine without putting on a goofy outfit, thanks.

With Halloween on a Tuesday, we didn't really decorate the theatre this year either....the weather here turned crappy yesterday and business is really slow so there's not much point.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2006 10:18 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I encountered a witch at Walgreens today. That was when it occurred to me that today is Halloween.
One customer came dressed up as a angel. We think it was an angel. She had wings.
Only one of our employees was wearing a costume, again with wings. She was reporting to work as I was leaving. She frowned at me as I was leaving I remarked "Awwww! I forgot the razor blades!" (for the trick & treaters.)
Dark humor is how I celebrate Halloween.
Speaking of which, none of the tv weather people draped themselves with the green "chroma key" fabric and acted as the disembodied weather "head" this year.
Disappointing halloween overall. [Frown]

Emma Tomiak
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2006 11:01 PM      Profile for Emma Tomiak   Author's Homepage   Email Emma Tomiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't wear a costume, but I answered the door for trick-or-treaters with my rat on my shoulder. Scared the parents, not the kids, heh heh. And some guy passed by me at school dressed up as a bottle of mustard.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 11-01-2006 01:42 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hells yeah! Ok, so it wasn't at work but of course I dressed up! I went downtown Salem, MA as usual (it's not my 'official' city but I basically live there).

There really is no better place to be on Halloween. You know, the Salem Witch Trials? Thousands upon thousands of people all in one downtown area of Salem on Halloween night? Fun times... [Big Grin]

It's a bad picture but its what I have at the moment.

My best friend Angel, me, and my boyfriend Matt.
 -

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 11-01-2006 03:07 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My dentist dressed up as Fred Flinstone. Yes I had dental work done on Halloween of all days. Oh the Irony.

What was worse was that it felt like he was using rocks instead of drills to get at my jaw.

After emergency surgery was required due to a hemmorage in my jaw, I am sure that he was using a rock.

Thankfully he is a very skilled oral surgeon.

I think I really should have ran away when I saw his costume. But then again, it was lucky I was there when it happened. If I wasn't, it would have hemmoraged somewhere else.

Thank god for Fred Flinstone.

Ciao

Anslem Rayburn
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-01-2006 04:41 AM      Profile for Anslem Rayburn   Email Anslem Rayburn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I knew Fred was a gifted bowler, but never knew he was a good surgeon as well. Was Barney Rubble assisting?

Hillary Charles
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-01-2006 06:27 AM      Profile for Hillary Charles   Email Hillary Charles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you mean Emma. One year for Halloween, I answered the door with my rat on my shoulder, hoping to scare the kids, with little luck. A group of girls thought she was so cute, and wanted to take her with them! Seems girls are more fond of than scared of rats.

BTW, my rat's name was Emma! Emma Peel from "The Avengers."

Hillary Charles
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2006 09:08 AM      Profile for Hillary Charles   Email Hillary Charles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is me in my default Halloween costume.

-

When I can't come up with anything new, I always go back to Cher, although I do have several different versions.

I figured with all the gay people here, someone might get a kick out of it. [Big Grin]

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 11-04-2006 11:03 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my! That's good! [Big Grin]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 11-05-2006 06:10 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
HOLY SMOKES, Hillary! That is really cool!

BUT, I think you look more like Dr. Frank N. Furter from RHPS with long hair than Cher! [Wink] [beer] [Big Grin]

(I couldn't resist... I posted the comparison in the "Separated at Birth: Jean-Michel Grin & Patrick McDonough? (Page 15)" thread.) [Razz] [evil]

Hillary Charles
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2006 07:00 PM      Profile for Hillary Charles   Email Hillary Charles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Rachel!

And as for you Phil. Ouch, that hurts! I'm probably one of the few people on these forums that can't stand RHPS.

Surprsingly, when I'm "80's Cher," instead of Frank-N-Furter, people actually think I'm Elvira [Confused]

When I dressed up as "90's Blonde Cher" then everyone knew who I was, in spite of the fact that she usually has dark hair.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 11-05-2006 07:05 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm Hillary, I meant it as a compliment! Sorry you didn't think so. [Frown] [uhoh]

Hillary Charles
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2006 07:23 PM      Profile for Hillary Charles   Email Hillary Charles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just kidding, Phil. I guess I should use more emoticons, too.

Sorry you took it wrong. If I could turn back time... [Roll Eyes]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: