Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Need help w/Commemorative Brick Inscription

Author Topic: Need help w/Commemorative Brick Inscription
Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-10-2006 04:17 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A monument is being constructed in front of U.S. Cellular Field to commemorate the Chicago White Sox' 2005 championship season. Personalized bricks are being sold for charity, and my parents are buying me one for Christmas. So now I need to come up with an inscription. It has to be funny and unique, so #1 SOX FAN won't do. I'd also like my name on there somewhere. I get 3 lines with 15 characters each. I'm very open to suggestions. Here's what my friends and I have come up with so far. Some of them suck, and some of them suck more. Any ideas? Thanks.

I LOVE DROPPED
3RD STRIKES
SCHINDLER

THANKS GATE 5
SCORECARD GUY!
SCHINDLER

HAVE YOU SEEN
MY BRICK?
SCHINDLER

THIS IS NOT
A BRICK
SCHINDLER

HEY, REMEMBER
THE 80’S?
SCHINDLER

DON’T LOOK UP!
SCHINDLER

NOSEBLEEDS
4 LIFE!
SCHINDLER

SCHINDLER HAS A
BRICK JUST LIKE
THIS AT HOME!

SCHINDLER’S
BRICK!

THE
WILLIAM SHATNER
MEMORIAL BRICK

X

IN LOVING
MEMORY OF
ELMO SCHINDLER

MIND THE GAP
SCHINDLER

SILLY RABBIT
BRICKS R 4 KIDS
SCHINDLER

HEAVEN’S GOOD
THE CELL’S GREAT
SCHINDLER

I CALL IT
THE CELL
SCHINDLER

THAT WENT
PRETTY WELL
SCHINDLER

SECTION 531
REPRESENT!
SCHINDLER

WAIT. WE WON?
COOL.
SCHINDLER

NOW ALL I NEED
IS A HAMSTER…
SCHINDLER

REPEAT! REPEAT!
OH WAIT…
SCHINDLER

PRESS ME FOR
FREE CANDY!
SCHINDLER

ONLY 23 MORE TO
TIE THE YANKS!
SCHINDLER

BA WEEP GRANA
WEEP NINIBON!
SCHINDLER

MOM WAS RIGHT.
THERE IS A GOD.
SCHINDLER

BEHIND YOU!
SCHINDLER

WELL THAT
WORKED.
SCHINDLER

|  IP: Logged

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2006 09:19 AM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FIELD OF DREAMS
AT MICHAEL'S MEANS
WORTH POT OF BEANS

MICHAEL PICKED
THIS FALLEN BRICK
FROM OFF HIS DICK

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 11-11-2006 10:25 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SCHINDLER MINDLER
NIPPER SCHINDLER
TEA LEGGED, TOELEGGED
BOW LEGGED SCHINDLER
No.ONE YANKEE OOP's

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2006 03:27 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil Hill

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2006 09:57 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys. Here's a couple more we've come up with:

HERE LIES
MIKE SCHINDLER
1980-2059

YOU ARE HERE
X
SCHINDLER

GATE 5 IS
WHERE IT'S AT
SCHINDLER

WHEN WILL 2005
STOP COSTING
SCHINDLER $$$?

SCHINDLER'S
BRICK IS BETTER
THAN YOURS

DS9 > TNG
SCHINDLER

SCHINDLER SAYS:
YOU SHOULD SEE
MAGNOLIA.

ALL SCHINDLER
GOT FOR X-MAS
WAS THIS BRICK

Michael Coate
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2006 07:10 PM      Profile for Michael Coate   Email Michael Coate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Schindler
I LOVE DROPPED
3RD STRIKES

Who wouldn't when they're erroneously called in your favor?!

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2006 07:29 PM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could always go with

AU BRICK

but it is the wrong sporting event venue to do that.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 11-12-2006 07:40 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Here I sit Broken-Hearted,
Came to watch a win,
but Chicago only FARTED!

Mike Heenan
is in LOVE with
hhot boi Phil Hill

YOU are on
Schindler's List!

Don't fuck with me!
...MIKE SCHINDLER

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2006 11:58 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My uncle came up with one today that I really liked:

WHO NEEDS 2
FOR GAME 6?
SCHINDLER

...which is funny, because I had 2 for Game 6, but they swept. I'm really leaning towards that one.

So what do you guys think are the best of the suggestions? Most people I've talked to are in favor of PRESS ME FOR FREE CANDY.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 11-13-2006 12:42 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess you need to decide whether it's important for those of the general public to "get" the inside personal joke or would better appreciate an inscription that is more witty in general and appeals to all...yet ***IS*** "personal".

I'd do the general inscription referring to myself so as to remain planted in most all peoples minds...

I agree with incorporating your name in the inscription...A chance of a lifetme!

Just my 2-cents... [Smile]

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 11-13-2006 12:49 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2004 Red
2005 White
GO SOX!

That's what I would do because they're my two favorite teams. I've been a White Sox fan since I was 4, no reason except to be different. When my family was cheering on the Red I was always cheering on the White... Now I've grown up a bit and I don't just like a team to spite my parents...hehe Boston is my fav but Chicago is #2 baby! Gotta love baseball! =)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: