Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » It's the 4th of May today... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: It's the 4th of May today...
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 05-04-2007 01:02 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May the 4th be with you.

[Razz]

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-04-2007 04:10 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait for tomorrow. It is a holiday for the largest segment of the United State's population. It is called "Cinco de Mayo".

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 05-04-2007 10:53 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sink the mayonnaise?

As in eat a bunch of it? Gross!

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 05-04-2007 11:52 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I celebrate the 5th of May for a different reason.

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 05-04-2007 11:54 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: John Wilson
May the 4th be with you.
Said as John sat along the Firth of Forth with a fifth, getting bombed... [Big Grin]

May the schwartz be with you.

Jeffry L. Johnson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2007 03:22 PM      Profile for Jeffry L. Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeffry L. Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, and I thought this might mention Kent State.

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2007 03:40 PM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll celebrate May 4th (today) as the first sell out night of the 2007 season at the drive-in, the first night of this season with 15 staff members working, and concessions lines that start at 6:30 p.m. and end near 11:30 p.m. [thumbsup]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 05-04-2007 04:52 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Barry Floyd
I'll celebrate May 4th (today) as the first sell out night of the 2007 season at the drive-in
Wanna spread some of that around? [Big Grin] Filling this place would be nice.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 05-05-2007 02:15 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Wanna spread some of that around? [Big Grin] Filling this place would be nice.
Daryl, do you work at the Can View? Looks like a well thought out lot. Was it built as a four screen from the beginning?

I had a look at their website...the FAQ (or as they call it FAA) could use a few suggestions from a spell / composition check. [Confused]

Spidey only on one screen...well that one will be full anyway.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-05-2007 10:27 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed this part of the Can View Drive-In's concession menu:

quote: CanView Drive-In
Confections:
-Deep Woods Off
-Asprins
-Pic Coils
-Pickles - Dill

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 05-05-2007 05:33 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just took these out of the refrigerator:

-

Now they're on ice in my "ice cube" Igloo cooler. Ready for Cinco De Mayo! Start the grill! If the huge liquor store nearby had some Sol Beer I would have bought at least a six pack of that.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

- posted 05-06-2007 01:56 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Daryl, do you work at the Can View? Looks like a well thought out lot. Was it built as a four screen from the beginning?
It's owned by some friends of mine. I don't work there but I maintain their booth. It's about a 3.5 hour drive from where I live. It was designed as a four screen. If I remember correctly it opened with 2 screens, with the additional 2 screens following a season or two later.

I had a look at their website...the FAQ (or as they call it FAA) could use a few suggestions from a spell / composition check.
Yeah, the site is a joke. I have a feeling it may change soon. My favourite though is the copyright slug, "Can View Drive-In Theatres Reserve the right!"

Spidey only on one screen...well that one will be full anyway.
Up to ~550 cars at 2-4(-6) people per car, I don't think they'll do too bad. [Smile]

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2007 04:23 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't realize the Pic coils were still available. I thought that product left the shelves in the 80's.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 05-07-2007 12:06 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they just call them Pic for nostalgia? Mosquito coils are still available though...their 'exclusive' aluminum foil tray makes sure not an ash goes on the dash. [Wink]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

- posted 05-07-2007 12:42 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can still buy all the Pic coils you want. They make a nice afternoon snack.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: