Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Going to Lubbock TX for a few days

Author Topic: Going to Lubbock TX for a few days
William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-09-2007 04:37 PM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My job is getting me the opprotunity to travel to Lubbock with in the next month. Any one there got any suggestions on some decent resterauants to eat at? Anyone be able to get me in touch with Paul Majors while I am there?

|  IP: Logged

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-10-2007 08:26 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
William,
Paul may still be living near me with his wife Andi and their children. I haven't seen him in over a year, though one of my co-workers literally ran into him in his mail route.
I'm afraid to say this, but I tend to go to the chain restaurants.
Harrigans on 50th street near Memphis is good...
If Andi is a different spelling for "Ann", then Paul is in the local at&t phone book, and has moved from where I thought he lived...likely a bigger house (because of the KIDS).
I hope this helps...

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 05-10-2007 11:44 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a couple of years since I drove through Lubbock -it's on the way out to relatives in New Mexico. How's the progress coming along with the Marsha Sharp Freeway project? Is everything in front of Texas Tech still are torn to hell?

I'm kind of wondering about that since I could be making a drive out that way in the next day or two. One of my uncles is undergoing triple bypass surgery at a hospital in Lubbock.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2007 05:27 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bobby,
Marsha Sharp is still "under construction" (and tore up all to hell.)
Which hospital is your uncle in? UMC? Covenant? The Heart Hospital?
My mom was in UMC a couple of months ago, and the West Loop flyover at Marsha Sharp was visible from her hospital room in 5 West. She now resides in Lakeside Rehabilitation, which is near the Marsha Sharp construction at Quaker Avenue. My access to Slide Road is cut off from 34th Street as there is a huge hole dug there because of the construction.
If he's in the Heart Hospital, this is located on North Loop 289 west of Quaker Avenue, and is relatively free of road construction...as of today. (One of my employees arrived late yesterday because Erskine Avenue was closed without advance notice, but he lives just a block West of Indiana.) Both UMC and Covenant are knee-deep in Marsha Sharp, and the rains we had have slowed construction and made most of their workable surface muddy. Until this year, we were in a drought, and the freeway is actually ahead of schedule.
Be hyper-vigilant in your defensive driving skills. My fellow citizens are friendly, but they can't drive. [Frown]

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 05-13-2007 08:35 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to know a Paul Majors. He lived in the Philly area back about 15 years ago. Is this the same guy??

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 05-14-2007 12:35 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Uncle is staying at University Medical Center. I haven't been able to make it out there though.
[Frown]

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2007 12:50 AM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark J. Marshall
I used to know a Paul Majors. He lived in the Philly area back about 15 years ago. Is this the same guy??
I am afraid not. That would be the same time frame he was my janitor at the UA Padre Staples 6 in Corpus Christi. I was at that thetare from 91 to 96. Paul left there to move back to Lubbock, that was around '95 or so. About the same time My Manager John Devine moved to the Dallas area with his new wife.Paul had original moved to Corpus with Mr. Devine when he took over the Padre Staple from the UA South Plains Cinema 4.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: