Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Happy New Year!

Author Topic: Happy New Year!
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 12-31-2007 12:36 AM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shinen Akimashite Omedeto Gozae Masu / Haoli Makahiki Hou are the two ways I know how to say HAPPY NEW YEAR! May you all be blessed with much happiness and good fortune during the new year.

Go UH Warriors at the Sugar Bowl on New Years day!

- Claude

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 12-31-2007 12:57 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(the way they handled the Broncos for the WAC, they should do well..)

true, "Prosperos Anos", and hope 2008 is a very successful year for all!

Rick Hunter
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2007 04:28 AM      Profile for Rick Hunter   Email Rick Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wishing all a happy and prosperous New Year.

...and continuing thanks to Brad for being the lifeblood of the Film-Tech community.

Rick Hunter
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2007 04:35 AM      Profile for Rick Hunter   Email Rick Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oops - double post - Happy New Year anyway

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 12-31-2007 06:09 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year from Times Square for the 100th. Anniversary of the Ball Drop.

Cheers [beer]

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2007 09:36 AM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How My Cat Spent Last New Year.....
 -

Happy New Year To All

(Photo trivia- That's an autographed bottle of Neibaum-Coppola wine
given to me my Francis Ford Coppola at a party at his house about 20
years ago. I worked for him for awhile back then)

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 12-31-2007 10:21 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy -- SAFE -- New Year to us all.

Good show Jim...in what capacity did you work for FFC?

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 12-31-2007 05:48 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
23:48; Happy new year everyone.

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2007 08:50 PM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year to all Film-Techers. May you all be blessed with Peace and Happiness. [beer]

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2008 09:53 AM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Frank Angel
Good show Jim...in what capacity did you work for FFC?
I worked as a camera & projection technican for Zoetrope in the mid 1980's. In addition to projection-stuff I ran camera & lens tests whenever one was sent out for alignment or repair to confirm they were operating properly. I also wound up being a cameraman (35mm) on several low-budget features produced by his nephew, Roman. The best known is the cult classic "CLOWNHOUSE"

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 01-01-2008 10:02 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Prosit neujahr, as my German aunt would say.

Jim - sophisticated kitty! Spent last night with relatives, whose cat (timid at the best of times) took refuge under a sofa when the fireworks started at around 9pm, and didn't emerge until we did this morning. The tradition of firework displays at the new year seems to have started with the millennium, as it did for a lot of other winter celebrations (e.g. Diwali) at the same time. When I was growing up in the '70s and '80s, fireworks happened on the 5th of November (and during the weekends either side, if Guy Fawkes' Night fell in the middle of the week), and that was it. Now they seem to be almost constant from the 5th of November until mid-February, which isn't good news if you're a cat.

Claude - further to my earlier email and as predicted, the Heathrow strike has been called off. You should be fine - have a good trip!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: