Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Will someone please explain why this retarded hand gesture exists? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Will someone please explain why this retarded hand gesture exists?
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-09-2008 01:34 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Why??? This is just about the stupidest thing I've seen and yet I am seeing this everywhere. Is it some sort of "I'm holding a beer" sign, or a "I like to finger both holes"? Anyone have any other guesses?

|  IP: Logged

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2008 01:40 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's the international "I'm a Douche Bag" sign!

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-09-2008 02:21 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously they do it because they are cool. Why the hell else would they do it? Duh.

Unfortunately I am not cool enough to do that.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2008 02:32 AM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a hunch those 3 guys don't know what their hand gesture means either...

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2008 03:34 AM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's an invitation to be a victim of a drive-by-shooting <or at least a stabbing> in some parts of town. [Roll Eyes]

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 01-09-2008 03:45 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, the sign with many meanings... ok

~In Spain (also in Italy and Brazil but not as common...) it is a sexual insult, charging a man with being a victim of cuckoldry (meaning a man who's wife is unfaithful) *also can be used with the thumb tucked in.
~It is also a representation of the Devil by some Satanists.
~The 'metal' sign *also used with the thumb tucked in or out... I get to see this one on almost a daily basis from my husband... damn metalheads lol
~Many neopagans use it as a symbol of the horned god to identify each other, it is referred to as the "Sign of the Horned God".
~VERY similar to the 'I love you' symbol in sign language.
~Also very similar to Hook 'em Horns, the most widely known hand symbol in sports for the Texas Longhorns *thumb is tucked in on this one though.

And, although I HIGHLY doubt they are... they are using it in the context that the gang Almighty Latin Kings would use it. It's a gang sign, plain and simple. It has become popular and lots of people use it and don't really know what it means...

Possibly for your ammusment... at least I find it funny, just because it's so stupid. I love how everybody makes video's about anything these days... you can basically find any topic!
White Chicks and Gang Signs - YouTube

I'm sure there are more meanings behind this symbol but honestly I'm too lazy to go look it up, I just gave you what I know off the top of my head...

Oh Brad, for your pleasure...

The, I like to finger both holes is called 'The Shocker'. It consists of putting your ring finger to your palm and covering it with your thumb. "Two in the pink, one in the stink...." as I often get to overhear from where my husband works (auto shop)... it is the big CRUDE 'thing' right now. I bet everyone wanted to know about this!

Order one for yourself today!!! [Roll Eyes]
 -

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 01-09-2008 07:10 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no question that they are retarded. They should be sent to the nearest hosptal.

Please keep them separated so they can not hurt each other. [Eek!]

Michael Coate
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2008 07:27 AM      Profile for Michael Coate   Email Michael Coate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Rachel Craven
"Two in the pink, one in the stink...." as I often get to overhear from where my husband works (auto shop)... it is the big CRUDE 'thing' right now.
Some AKA's courtesy of Digital Militia. Rachel, I imagine your man and his coworkers are familiar with these!

WARNING: Those easily offended (or lack a sense of humor), read no further.

quote:
Two in the pleasure, one in the treasure.
Two in the friend, one in the end.
Two in the crack, one in the back.
Two in the kitty, one in the shitty.
Two in the moose, one in the caboose.
Two in the poon, one in the moon.
Two in the girl, one in the swirl.
Two in the gash, one in the stash.
Two in the twat, one in the balloon knot.
Two in the punanny, one in the fanny.
Two in the beaver, one to check for fever.
Two in the bush, one in the tush.
Two in the pink slot, one in the stink pot.
Two in the flap, one in the crap.
Two in the cunt, one to make her grunt.
Two in the fun, one in the bun.
Two in the giney, one in the hiney.
Two in the goo, one in the poo.
Two in the grass, one in the ass.
Two in the gutter, one in the turdcutter.
Two in the hair pie, one in the brown eye.
Two in the humper, one in the dumper.
Two in the junk, one in the trunk.
Two in her meat, one in her seat.
Two in the bank, one in the stank.
Two in the muff, one in the stuff.
Two in the cootie, one in the booty.
Two in the pocket, one in the chocolate.
Two in the slit, one in the shit.
Two in the sludge, one in the fudge.
Two in the snapper, one in the crapper.
Two in the snatch, one in the dingleberry patch.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-09-2008 08:30 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Please keep them separated so they can not hurt each other. [Eek!]
Awww...just a little would be good.

quote:
Two in the giney, one in the hiney.
My favourite quote from Michael's very funny list. [beer]

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2008 11:18 AM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 99& sure that is the I LOVE YOU handshape in sign language. (excluding that its to the side and not up)

buttttt, looking at those guys, they were probably wanting to 'throw' the shocker and just got a little confused haha

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 01-09-2008 01:00 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Allison's right. These guys are gay. To do it properly, you have to angle yourself; bend back slightly at the hip, drop the opposing shoulder, bring your chin down and cock your head a bit to one side while looking like a deer caught in headlights for the camera (or the person you're "being cool" to)!

It's what all the lemmings are doing these days, to show they're not like everyone else.

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 01-09-2008 02:37 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 100% certain that this is the American Sign Language sign for
I love you. The correct orientation for the hand is with the fingers pointed up. Sorry Brad, it is not a retarded gesture. My wife is trained in ASL and is occasionally called on to do interpretation for the deaf.

No comment on the retardedness of thoise pictured.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 01-09-2008 02:54 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Bill Enos
I'm 100% certain that this is the American Sign Language sign for
I love you. The correct orientation for the hand is with the fingers pointed up. Sorry Brad, it is not a retarded gesture. My wife is trained in ASL and is occasionally called on to do interpretation for the deaf.

Bill, The I love you in sign language and the 'gang' sign are actually the same thing... as I said in an earlier post. Because of the way they are tilting their hands it makes it not the 'I love you' sign, as it is supposed to be straight up.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 01-09-2008 03:01 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Rachel Craven
Because of the way they are tilting their hands it makes it not the 'I love you' sign, as it is supposed to be straight up.
You're assuming they're not idiots though.

[Smile]

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 01-09-2008 05:47 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Chris Slycord
You're assuming they're not idiots though.

Haha, well... I wouldn't agree with that... look at them. =P

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: