Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Heath Ledger found dead in NYC, (1979-2008) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Heath Ledger found dead in NYC, (1979-2008)
Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 01-22-2008 04:02 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was found dead at 3:26pm. in his Manhattan apartment. He was 28 years old.

A.P. is reporting it may have been drug related.

|  IP: Logged

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 01-22-2008 04:14 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Another drug-related/overdose death of a talented "someone" who had much to live for...how sad and such a waste!

RIP Heath...may you be at peace and free of your demons.

NY Times

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 01-22-2008 04:21 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is very shocking and sad news.

I'm wondering how far The Dark Knight has gone into post production and what impact Ledger's death will have on the film. The next Batman movie is expected to draw big crowds to the box office, but this event unfortunately will add a level of morbid curiosity to the situation. I just hope the movie turns out to be really great so it puts a good finish to what should have been a much longer career for Ledger.

Peter David Bruce
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-22-2008 04:36 PM      Profile for Peter David Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Lord. my goodness. This is awful news. Its not going to be nice for his family to have to see all the trailers and such with him looking like the joker, after this... It may cause the film to be a massive hit, with people also going there to lay their respects. Dear god. this is very sad news indeed.

Thanks for posting Bill. Im stuck in projection all day so youre the first person to tell me. I hope that his passing, in some way helped him. Who knows what demons people keep inside. I hope he is at peace.

Rest truly peacefully Heath.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-22-2008 06:14 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Latest news says it may be an accidental overdose of sleeping pills. On Perez Hilton he linked to an article where during the shooting of Batman, Ledger was only getting like 2 hours of sleep a night. You think there'd be some sort of regulation on how many hours someone can work a day in the movie industry.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-22-2008 07:15 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't Hollywood a union town? Guess not, or there would be a regulation.

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 01-22-2008 07:56 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The family said he has pneumonia, if so that could have done it, especially in comination with what would ordinally be non lethal doses of pills.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 01-22-2008 09:08 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
And, apparently, Brad Renfro was found dead in Los Angeles a week ago. WTF?

Michael Coate
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-22-2008 09:13 PM      Profile for Michael Coate   Email Michael Coate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Heenan
You think there'd be some sort of regulation on how many hours someone can work a day in the movie industry.

Ever hear of "Who Needs Sleep?" or Brent's Rule?

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-22-2008 09:21 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No I haven't, since it apparently is not on DVD according to imdb. And haven't seen the website either but it hasn't been updated in 10 years it seems.

Michael Coate
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-22-2008 09:28 PM      Profile for Michael Coate   Email Michael Coate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The DVD is (or was) available through the film's official website.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 01-22-2008 09:28 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
At any rate ... I've apparently seen almost everything that Ledger has done and is available on DVD, so here's my Netflix ratings of his work (the yellow ones). Not that anyone cares. [Razz]

BTW, I have the Roar series at home, but I haven't had time to watch it yet.

-

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 01-22-2008 09:54 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've already got The Dark Knight ready for rental? And you've assigned it a rating?

(Note: I am unfamiliar with Netflix so I can only guess what all the stars and TDK's presence means)

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-22-2008 10:41 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose as soon as a movie gets to the point where it has a release date, the folks at Netflix add it to their listings so people can put it on their queue and it gets sent to them as soon as the DVD comes out.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 01-23-2008 12:50 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry I didn't know who this gentleman was. The story says he was in "Brokeback Mountain" (which I've never seen)... was he one of the leads?

RIP

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: