Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Projectionists WAG's. (wives and girlfriends)

Author Topic: Projectionists WAG's. (wives and girlfriends)
Tim Asten
Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2008 06:44 PM      Profile for Tim Asten   Email Tim Asten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was on Film-Tech looking at those new Movie Grill pics when my wife came in and said that I am always on this site and I don't pay her enough attention. Perhaps Film-Tech should provide a forum just for WAG's so they can air their views on their husbands obsession with movie technology. Just a thought [Smile] .. Tim

|  IP: Logged

Joshua Waaland
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2008 07:06 PM      Profile for Joshua Waaland   Email Joshua Waaland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

I'm sure my wife would share the same view. She says I am always on the internet and never pay attention to her. She likes lots of attention. She refers to my computer as "my girlfriend". One day she even hung lingerie over the monitor as a joke. She can be real sarcastic sometimes but that's what attracted me to her in the first place. [Smile]

[ 02-09-2008, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Joshua Waaland ]

Emma Tomiak
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2008 07:42 PM      Profile for Emma Tomiak   Author's Homepage   Email Emma Tomiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It helps if your significant other is also a projectionist. [thumbsup]

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 02-08-2008 09:19 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Computers/Tech stuff can't really cuddle as well. [evil]

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 02-08-2008 10:49 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Tim Asten
Perhaps Film-Tech should provide a forum just for WAG's
[In Walter Tetley's voice] Ah you kiddin'?! This is my only respite! [Wink] [Big Grin]

Wives are like that. You could probably be with her 25 hours a day and it still wouldn't be enough. [Razz]

[ 02-09-2008, 01:47 AM: Message edited by: Tim Reed ]

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2008 10:54 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She doesn't have to be a wife....I think all girls are like that.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 02-08-2008 11:00 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't want to offend present company... [Wink]

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 02-09-2008 02:07 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been married for 21 years and was doing this occupation prior before we got married. Even before marriage, my wife fully understood and accepted that I like what I was doing in the film industry and fully accepted that this is what I like doing, plus being not home at evenings.

But true, when I'm NOT at the theatre, to at least be with her at the most times as possible.

Some wifes have a horrible intolerance of their husband's occupance in this industry to even leave him due to her intolarance with his dedication of the industry.

Others, is where the 'mom and pop' operations are unmistakenly the best operations to have with with including the kids in the occupation.

-monte

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2008 09:14 AM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joshua Waaland
One day she even hung lingerie over the monitor as a joke.
You missed the cue mark...

Quick, quick, changeover!!!!

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 02-09-2008 07:17 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The biggest issue my wife has with my work is that I've enjoyed
the three different jobs I've had in the 25 years we've been married and she hates her work, enjoying a job is something she can't understand.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 02-09-2008 10:02 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Emma's and Jennifer's case, shouldn't that be HABs?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: