Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Anyone know of a .mts to .wav or other audio file converter?

Author Topic: Anyone know of a .mts to .wav or other audio file converter?
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-03-2008 03:17 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Just like the title of the thread says. I've got a bunch of .mts files I need to convert to .mp3 or .wav files. (I believe .mts is a form of mpeg1 or mpeg2...not sure.)

|  IP: Logged

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 03-03-2008 04:32 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, you come up with some good ones, chief. [Wink] Never heard of those.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-03-2008 05:57 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
E-mail me a little one and I'll see if I can find something to convert it.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-03-2008 06:12 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow, *.mts (Madtracker-2) audio files ... definitely a rariety.

..look at this site for a converter

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-03-2008 06:39 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not a tracker. This file is associated with the much-hated AVCHD codec found in some Panasonic and Sony HD camcorders. It is known for not really being very easy to work with. It's for families who like to point, shoot, and leave it at that (no editing).

However a program called VLC will play the audio file back. VLC also has some weird export options, but I always have a hard time remembering how to do it. It's not simple like export > wav > filename and location. The Windows version might have a "directaudio" output, meaning direct to WAV.

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-05-2008 01:14 AM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flick 1 to me, I have Canopus and all weird sorts of conversion programmes

Sean Weitzel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-05-2008 11:45 AM      Profile for Sean Weitzel   Email Sean Weitzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
perhaps this link would be of assistance:
http://forum.videohelp.com/topic346331.html

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: