Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What Ever Happened To (Enter Film-Tech Member's Name Here)?

Author Topic: What Ever Happened To (Enter Film-Tech Member's Name Here)?
Joshua Waaland
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2008 04:17 PM      Profile for Joshua Waaland   Email Joshua Waaland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this would be a good thread to find out what ever happened to past Film-Tech regulars that have fallen off the face of the planet.

I'll start.

What ever happened to Jeremy Fuentes? Does he still post on here? I was looking through an old thread and saw his name and realized I haven't seen him post in a long time. He used to post regularly but the last post from him that I could find was from May of 2006. Anyone know where he went? [Confused]

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-07-2008 04:27 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's still alive.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2008 05:26 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering where Jerry Chase I think he had been a District manager for a company in florida I think? He always had good advice on theatre operations/management. and I also am curious about Evans Criswell he was very passionate about movie going and really gave good feedback from the customers perspective.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 03-07-2008 05:48 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, the regulars who are only with us in spirit these days:

- Paul G. Thompson, "the weenie man," whose strangely prophetic last post on 7/7/2004 read:
quote: Paul G. Thompson
When I return is unknown at this time.
- Paul Cassidy

- John Pytlak

Have I overlooked anyone?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-07-2008 06:21 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Paul G. Thompson, "the weenie man," whose strangely prophetic last post on 7/7/2004 read:
quote: Paul G. Thompson
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I return is unknown at this time.

John Pytlak

Neither of these folks have ever completely "left us" nor will they ever. Those that met them and hung around with them know what I speak of. Paul and John were probably the two most unique people I've ever known. Both were completely unselfish in every aspect about themselves... As ill as Paul was he(and Poops)helped me move a Super Highlite up a flight of stairs to a booth... I'da never let him help had I known and there was no tellin at that point in time... I found out how ill he was about a year later from someone else who also knew him. Two years after that he passed away running to a gate to catch a plane... to his fathers funeral.

Paul Cassidy... I spoke to him on the phone once when he was on his way to Ogden, Utah... We almost got together but his flight didn't allow enough time... sad and I can remember his voice to this day... He drove within 100 yards of my house heading to Ogden...

Mark

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-08-2008 12:05 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Paul was a great guy. He remains one of only 3 Film-Techers I have met in person. The other 2 being the above-posting Mark G and the now-out-of-the-business John Eickhof.

Jeff Stricker
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2008 06:50 AM      Profile for Jeff Stricker   Email Jeff Stricker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul Thompson...expert in many things, including all this radio-related. ie: broadcast transmitters, PARAN antenna, etc. etc. A truly unselfish person willing to share all his knowledge. I certainly miss him and the discussions we had. RIP, Paul.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2008 10:56 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul and I used to speak on the phone a few times a week. Even though I never met him in person he had become a good friend and confidant. His advice on this business, all things technical, and life in general has been some of the best advice I have ever been privelidged enough to recieve and stays with me to this day. I miss paul dearly and hope he is happy and well in that big projection booth in the sky. Paul, This weenies for you!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-08-2008 01:11 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
This thread will at some point end up on rule #15. If anyone would like to make further comments regarding those who have passed on, please direct it to their individual threads in the archive. This thread will be deleted shortly.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: