Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Switchcap Engraving Service Wanted

Author Topic: Switchcap Engraving Service Wanted
Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 03-15-2008 03:40 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have a suggestion for an engraving service that will engrave small quantities (At a REASONABLE price)?

I have 3 each white translucent, lighted, 3/4" x 3/4" square keycaps that I would like to have engraved. All of the lettering centered, of the same style and size of the longest word, and the lettering filled black...like in the "Series" and "400" buttons in the below pic. I would send just the switchcaps.

The words are: "DOLBY", "DTS", and "MAG"...ALL CAPS.

Thanks!

-

|  IP: Logged

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2008 04:30 PM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil,

Here is a supplier that has an engraving service for organ parts. You could write them and see if they could do your job. They typically do organ stops and nameplates for the trade.

www.arndtorgansupply.com

KEN

EDIT : Happy to be of help. Great source for that work.

[ 03-17-2008, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Kenneth Wuepper ]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 03-17-2008 02:11 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info, Ken. I'll contact them.

Update: I heard back from them. The engraving, set-up charge, filling, buffing, etc was less than $15 for the whole kit and kaboodle! WOW! I'm jazzed!

Thanks again Ken!

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 03-26-2008 05:09 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil, where'd you get the switches? Btw, I don't guess ya got these back yet? Curious to know how they look.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 03-26-2008 05:45 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, I'm a hoarder! I've had them since the 1970's...I KNEW they would come in handy some day! HA!

After talking via Telco with the engraving lady, I am sending them out this week.

Andres Briano
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-27-2008 01:23 PM      Profile for Andres Briano   Author's Homepage   Email Andres Briano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be cool if you could post a picture when you get them back! [Wink]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 03-28-2008 01:12 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I UPS'd them out today. Should be back by mid-April by the time to and fro shipping.

I will post the pics...good or bad. [Smile]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 04-11-2008 03:22 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I got the switchcaps back today and I'm very happy with their work.

(Note: All of the engraving is centered properly and of the same width characters. The distortion in the below pic is due my crappy photography...errr I mean crappy camera.)

Thanks again Ken for the tip.

-

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-11-2008 03:27 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! I just came from Phil's house and those pushbuttons look awesome in it. Here is a picture I took just moments ago.

-

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2008 07:57 PM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil,

You are welcome for the information and thanks for posting your results as it confirms my confidence in the company and their work.

KEN

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 04-11-2008 09:08 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If there's such a thing as sexy looking pushbuttons, those are them. [thumbsup] [Big Grin]

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-11-2008 09:21 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm looks like they mis-spelled "MAG" and added an extra letter to boot!

Steve [Wink]

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 04-11-2008 11:49 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very fine, Phil!! [thumbsup] That's a great resource to have, Ken.

Now to do the ones that say, "low", "med", and "vigorous"! [Razz] [Big Grin]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: