Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Why My Cat HATES Easter! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Why My Cat HATES Easter!
Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2008 09:46 AM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why My Cat HATES Easter
 -
JimC (with apologies to "Albert-The-Cat")

|  IP: Logged

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 03-23-2008 10:01 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The reason for the holiday notwithstanding, I have mostly unpleasant memories of Easter from my childhood. To this day, I absolutely cannot stand marshmallow, marshmallow candy/eggs, hollow chocolate rabbits, or pastel colors! It all gags me.

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2008 10:10 AM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone please explain to me where the idea of a giant Bunny, with a basket full of eggs came from. I would maybe understand it a little if bunnies actually laid eggs...

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-23-2008 10:33 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparaently you have not seen how Cadbury eggs are made [Wink]

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2008 10:36 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will never forget when I was seven years old I got my first real 2 wheel "grown up" Bike. It was a black Kent with only one gear and the braked worked by peddling backwards. I had this bike for years and I loved it until one day when I was 15 or 16 I threw it off a cliff in the woods [Confused]

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 03-23-2008 11:17 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim Gaffigan has a brilliant stand up about Christmas and Easter.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QjJCIbC9sxA

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 03-23-2008 11:39 AM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Allison,

Essentially, the name Easter and the bunny both have their origins in a Pagan festival Eostre. A story says she (Eostre) saved a bird that had its wings frozen by changing it into a rabbit and since it had been a bird before it could now lay eggs.

And other legends just refer to "hare's eggs" (which changed to rabbits in culture since hares aren't common in most countries). Apparently hares dig out holes in the ground to raise their young and plover birds will come and take over those "forms" to lay their eggs and other birds lay eggs in similar ground as hares. So seeing eggs in an area that hares would raise their young fueled the notion of hares laying eggs at spring time.

edit: Fixed grammar

[ 03-23-2008, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Chris Slycord ]

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2008 03:14 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember Critters 2? That is a good reason to NOT want to be the Easter Bunny. [Smile]

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2008 04:44 PM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: James Westbrook
Remember Critters 2? That is a good reason to NOT want to be the Easter Bunny
[thumbsup] [thumbsup] YES! I had totally forgot about that scene hahaha. Note to self: go buy the first two Critters movies. I had a huge crush on Scott Grimes when I was younger. ANYWAY...back to the subject of Easter Bunnies....

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2008 05:51 PM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

By the way..Two-Tone LOVES EASTER!

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2008 07:39 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was supposed to have the day off today, but I got paged early this afternoon and had take care of a "popcorn machine emergency" at a theater. They were panicing. Big crowd; no corn.
That's OK. I'll just celebrate Easter tomorrow, when all the candy goes on sale! [Big Grin]

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-23-2008 10:23 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rant on:

Yea, my Easter was spoiled also with one of the theatres I take care of decides to lose a bulb sat night and them not thinking to immediately call me until I see the email that they sent that same night to me from that theatre on Sunday when I got home from church services - and then got in trouble for it from my superiors that I didn't immediately run up there and change out that bulb when it went down.

Course, I spit back and cleared that one up real quick that I didn't have my laptop on when the email was sent due to my 'doing my required work' and feel I have the right to control my laptop usage when I want to turn the thing on or off.

(..as if I'm supposed to be 'married' to this company and also live by my laptop and celphone 24/7/365...."I don't think so..")

rant off - Monte

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2008 10:38 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I did that to my cat, he would kick my ass.

P.S. Does the fact that I intentionally scheduled myself to work a double today in order to avoid Easter Dinner with the family make me a bad person?

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-23-2008 11:22 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Schindler
with the family make me a bad person?

Nah, when the "$$" is available, I'd go for it as well.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 03-23-2008 11:40 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not at all. Back in Seattle the local news had covered the fact that Boeing had their workers on one Christmas due to being behind. They expected the people to be pissed. But all of them were extremely happy saying to the interviewer "I'm getting triple pay!"

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: