Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Is it possible to link directly to specific pages/articles/posts on Film Tech?

Author Topic: Is it possible to link directly to specific pages/articles/posts on Film Tech?
Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 05-14-2008 08:43 AM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently sent my boss information about a piece of equipment I thought we should get and I wanted to send him the link to where it is listed on Film Tech, but instead I had to tell him where to find it on the site.

|  IP: Logged

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2008 10:16 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is required that everyone agree to the disclaimer on the front page to the forums every time they log onto the forums. I do not beleive there is anyway around this. (I imagine if someone is a super computer genius they might be able to design a hack to get around it but really, what's the point?)

David Zylstra
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2008 10:28 AM      Profile for David Zylstra   Email David Zylstra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a way, but I'm not sure if it falls under the bookmarking rule; I've tested it and it does take you through the disclaimer before reaching the post, but I have had no reason to send anyone directly to a topic and I wouldn't without finding out the official policy. I'm sure Brad or an admin will comment officially soon.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 05-14-2008 03:55 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I probably shouldn't have included the forums in my question. I'm more concerned about the articles and manuals. For example, I wanted my boss to check out the Goldberg reels listed under the Reviews section. It would have been much easier to send him the exact link rather than having to count on him understanding my description of where to find it. This would have been especially useful/important when trying to forward information needed to resolve an immediate problem.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-14-2008 04:27 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Not going to happen.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: