Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » The 100 Worst Movies Ever (Orlando Sentinel) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: The 100 Worst Movies Ever (Orlando Sentinel)
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-10-2008 10:51 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a list of the 100 Worst Movies Ever, as compiled by the Orlando Sentinel. I don't know who compiled the list, but you have to give them props for mostly featuring movies that are REALLY bad as opposed to movies that the critic just thinks are bad.

Movie posters and clips (if you must subject yourself)

The list, apparently in no particular order:

Barbarella
Cop and a Half
Soylent Green
*Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Conqueror (John Wayne)
Rabbit Test
Smokey & the Bandit 3
Robot Monster
Little Nicky
Ringmaster
*Thank God It's Friday
Monkeybone
Joe's Apartment
Valley of the Dolls
Zorro the Gay Blade
Mom and Dad Save the World
Last Action Hero
Flash Gordon (the 1980s one)
Dude Where's My Car?
Island of Dr. Moreau
*Rhinestone
*Maverick
Corky Romano
Reefer Madness
The Beastmaster
Shanghai Surprise
Frogs
Basic Instinct 2
*Wild Wild West
D. C. Cab
Look Who's Talking Now
Convoy
Toys
Striptease
Cool as Ice
Gymkata
Cheaper By The Dozen 2
The Beast of Yucca Flats
*Waterworld
*Christmas with the Kranks
Swamp Thing
Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd
Joe Vs. the Volcano
Who's Your Caddy?
*Starship Troopers
The Godfather Part III
Chairman of the Board (with Carrot Top)
Haunted Honeymoon
Attack of the 50 Foot Woman
Crossroads (Britney Spears' first/last starring role)
Troop Beverly Hills
Police Adademy 6: Mission to Moscow
Americathon
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Soul Plane
Kazaam
Over the Top
Gigli
Cat Women of the Moon
Big Bad Mama
The Trial of Billy Jack
Glitter
Hercules in New York
Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo
Larry the Cable Guy, Health Inspector
Ernest Goes to Camp
Jaws the Revenge
Son of the Pink Panther
Barb Wire
Ed
Can't Stop the Music
Anaconda
Speed 2: Cruise Control
*Xanadu
Howard the Duck
Showgirls
*Snakes on a Plane
Spice World
Battlefield Earth
It's Pat: The Movie
Son of the Mask
Stop or My Mom Will Shoot
Santa With Muscles
Ishtar
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
The Hottie and the Nottie
Grease 2
The Adventures of Pluto Nash
Mannequin 2
Catwoman (starring Oscar winner Halle Berry)
Epic Movie
Swept Away
Popeye
Caddyshack 2
Krull
Leonard part 6 (not a sequel)
Surf Ninjas
Bio Dome
Almost Heroes
From Justin to Kelly

* = Movies I actually sat and watched

|  IP: Logged

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2008 11:03 PM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most of them are stinkers but I actually like some of those titles.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2008 12:02 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be interesting to see who been in the most of those "worst movies". I count 3 for burt reynolds already [thumbsup] [Big Grin]

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2008 12:06 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm suspicious of anyone who doesn't like BARBARELLA.

Robert Crabtree
Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2008 12:43 AM      Profile for Robert Crabtree   Email Robert Crabtree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've only seen seven of them, and while it's obviously not cinematically a good movie, Snakes on a Plane was a fair success, and a good tongue-in-cheek B movie.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 06-11-2008 12:47 AM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of people do not like GODFATHER 3 but I enjoyed it very much. It is no way as as good as the first two but it is a very entertaining film and I watched it several times already. I cannot understand why some people would publish a list of movies and call them the worst films ever nade. I agree most of the films are stinkers but there are a couple in addition to GODFATHER 3 that I had enjoyed and do not feel they belong on the list. I agree with Robert about SNAKES ON A PLANE. I enjoyed that movie so much after seeing it in a theatre, I bought the DVD

-Claude

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-11-2008 12:59 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Al Pacino looked like he was played by a different actor in Godfather 3. Did he get in a massive car wreck or something that altered his looks? And what's up with that white hair?

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2008 01:04 AM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've showed 28 of those movies at the theaters I've worked at.

quote: Mike Blakesley
Zorro the Gay Blade

What?! Might just have to try to rent that one ha.

And I do have a soft spot in my heart for Flash Gordon, what can I say.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 06-11-2008 01:13 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Heaven's Gate?

My nominations would be Dracula A.D. 1972 (Dracula surfaces in Swinging London, complete with long hair and psychotropic substances) and Ma vie sexuelle - before you get too excited, the film consists of 11 reels of some depressed whiner complaining that he doesn't have one.

Reefer Madness seems to have made it into the 'so bad it's good' category, but on the subject of exploitation pics with a distinctly unsubtle moral message, One Too Many features a spectacularly awful performance from an actress who once appeared in no less than Citizen Kane (Ruth Warrick). The Lure of Drink is also astonishingly bad, based on a Victorian temperance lantern slide narrative. It was shown at the Nottingham Silent Film Festival a few years ago, and when the lights went up after our hero's grim descent from the gin palace to the workhouse, I heard someone mutter a few rows back that he could do with a beer after being made to sit through that.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-11-2008 01:26 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Heenan
Be interesting to see who been in the most of those "worst movies". I count 3 for burt reynolds already
There are 3 Stallone movies in the list. I'm surprised none of the "Rocky"s made it. #5 was one of the worst movies I've seen.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 06-11-2008 01:30 AM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few I would add to that list:
•Knockoff - Van Dam
•The Avengers - perhaps a case study for the argument that great actors can't save a pile of crap
•Freddy Got Fingered - I can't believe this isn't at the top of the list

Anslem Rayburn
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2008 02:06 AM      Profile for Anslem Rayburn   Email Anslem Rayburn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote: Mike Blakesley
Zorro the Gay Blade
What?! Might just have to try to rent that one ha.

One Bit, Two Bits, Three Bits, A Peso
All For Zorro, Stand Up And Say So

George Hamilton in duel roles, including a peach clad Zorro costume. That movie is fantastic.

I can't belive Manos: The Hands of Fate isn't on there. Or Lust in the Dust.

Good lord, I have seen 42 of those movies at some point in my life.

I actually love Howard the Duck, and like Krull, Waterworld, and Zorro the Gay Blade.

Oh well, to each his own, I guess.

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 06-11-2008 02:08 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most of those are definitely bad enough that, as Michael O'Donahue would've said, they'd have to be re-shot just so they could be thrown away. But there are a few in there where it's obvious somebody just doesn't appreciate trash cinema.

Indeed, how could anyone not like Barbarella (unless they don't like Jane Fonda)?

Beastmaster - Ran it in both 2D and 3D and enjoyed it both ways.

Reefer Madness - Classic cheesy propaganda.

Joe's Apartment - All singing, all dancing cockroaches. What's not to like?

Swamp Thing - Heh heh, never ran the whole thing, but did run its promo reel at Caesars Palace for the '82 Showest. And if Swamp Thing made the list, where's Humungus? (Another promo reel at the '82 Showest).

Plan 9 - The very definition of "so bad it's good."

Stephen Brown
Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2008 02:14 AM      Profile for Stephen Brown   Email Stephen Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One mans trash is another mans treasure.....

Some I like, some I hate.

I think though after you've shown Xanadu for the 100th time on 20min reels and carbon arcs you just become numb to the hate and begin to accept. Sort of like a hostage-seige situation.

Jaime Tuzzio
Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2008 03:45 AM      Profile for Jaime Tuzzio         Edit/Delete Post 
I LOVED Xanadu growing up. I still love it. I love Barbarella as well. Thank you to Duran Duran for introducing me to it. [Big Grin]

I screened just over a dozen features on that list, most of which I was only too happy to know I'd been paid to watch. Thankfully, when a nice chunk of those from the last eight years came out, I was high enough on the ladder to pull rank and get out of having to see them. Though I consider it a misfire that I screened Alexander instead of Christmas with the Kranks.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: