Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What's the name of this song??! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What's the name of this song??!
Sally Ann Burgess
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2008 10:09 PM      Profile for Sally Ann Burgess   Email Sally Ann Burgess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK this is driving me nuts. I've spent ages scouring the net. The music video for this song was in the style of anime, there were at least four characters, and at the end they all starting flying up towards this comet to collide with it...any ideas?

|  IP: Logged

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2008 10:40 PM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was it a dancy song? Could be Daft Punk's "One More Time" video.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 12-20-2008 10:42 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a guess, a music video from Daft Punk?

A few other music acts have had videos featuring anime. It would be easier to search for such videos if it weren't for so many freaking kiddies and geeks out there setting their favorite CD tunes against Dragonball Z footage and posting that stuff up to YouTube.

Edit: dammit, I was writing my post when Allison posted her response.

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2008 10:47 PM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha I beat you, Bobby [Razz]

Sally, if it's not One More Time, there's about 5 other Daft Punk songs with anime to it. Check those too.

Sally Ann Burgess
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2008 11:46 PM      Profile for Sally Ann Burgess   Email Sally Ann Burgess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope it definitely wasn't Daft Punk!!
This is going to keep me up all bloody night.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-20-2008 11:47 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, why would anyone listen to Daft Punk?

How did you hear this song and why are you thinking about it??

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2008 11:56 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is it the Gorillaz(spelling? lol)? They do all their videos in an animated form.

Sally Ann Burgess
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2008 03:18 AM      Profile for Sally Ann Burgess   Email Sally Ann Burgess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JR, I've been thinking about it as I'm loading some new 'choons' onto my MP3 player and remembered this song and now it's my mission. Sad but true. I have to have it! The four characters, at the end, slowly start levitating and head up into space. I saw the video earlier this year while I was at the gym...will keep looking....

Alan Plester
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-23-2008 04:53 AM      Profile for Alan Plester   Email Alan Plester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you know any words to it?, or a little bit more info male or female song? if its female it could be britney spears

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 12-23-2008 12:01 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever it is, I just want to know the answer when you figure it out.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-23-2008 01:36 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you can think of any of the words, even just one line, you can type it into GOOGLE and it will probably find the lyrics to the song. I've used this many times when I don't know the name of a song.

Sally Ann Burgess
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2008 04:06 AM      Profile for Sally Ann Burgess   Email Sally Ann Burgess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember any words, unfortunately!! I've typed in every combination of words into Google, and YouTube too. I don't think there were ANY words, just a tune.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 12-25-2008 08:03 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sally, you may be thinking about, "Oh! Holy Night". [Smile]

Sean Weitzel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2008 12:29 PM      Profile for Sean Weitzel   Email Sean Weitzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I showed this thread to my brother. Though other posts indicate the song isn't a Daft Punk song, he thinks it's from the movie Interstella 5555 which features songs from the Daft Punk album "Discovery"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstella_5555

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 12-25-2008 03:44 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hijack Sally's thread, but I don't think what I have here is enough to start a dedicated thread. [Smile] Here's another unknown song for the experts, at this particular time of the year...

It's a Christmas parody song that I've always loved, but could never find. I heard it on the radio last night, but they didn't backsell it. It's an Elvis impersonator talking about the holiday spirit. The background sound effects are indicating everyone sitting at a Christmas dinner table. As the food is being passed around, "Elvis" keeps stopping his speech to grab some of the food from the trays, which causes him to say things like, "Remember, this time of the year, everyone should reach out and offer their fellow man a helping han... a hand... a helping.... uhhhh, hand me a helpin' of those mashed potatoes, will ya?"

I *thought* it was called, "Christmas with the King" but I can't find anything under that title. Doctor Demento may have featured it, too, but again, I haven't been able to locate it in searches.

Anyone know?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: