Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Noel Mackisoc rip

Author Topic: Noel Mackisoc rip
Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-08-2009 11:11 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Noel J. Mackisoc
ANDOVER Twp. - Noel J. Mackisoc, 70, died on Monday, Jan. 5, 2009, at Newton Memorial Hospital.

Born in Detroit, Mich., Mr. Mackisoc lived in Hampton for 15 years before moving to Andover Township. He was a United States Air Force veteran, serving from October 1959 through October 1965. The owner and operator of Mackisoc Engineering in Newton, which specialized in custom electronics servicing the theatre industry, Mr. Mackisoc was an active member of I.A.T.S.E. Local 632.

The son of the late William and Lorraine Thomas Mackisoc, Mr. Mackisoc is survived by his beloved wife of 47 years, Page; one son, Noel J. Mackisoc Jr., of Oahu, Hawaii; two daughters, Laura Merck and her husband, Chris, of Vernon and Paige Makarevich and her husband, Gene, of Knowlton Township; four grandchildren, Christopher and Brenden Merck and Leah and Nathan Makarevich; and many cousins.

A Celebration of Life will be held at 10 a.m. on Saturday at the Smith-McCracken Funeral Home, 63 High Street, Newton. Interment will follow at Yellow Frame Cemetery in Fredon. Visitation will be held on Friday from 7 to 9 p.m. at the funeral home.

Memorial donations may be made to Karen Ann Quinlan Hospice, 99 Sparta Avenue, Newton, NJ 07860; Southwest Indian Foundation, PO Box 86, Gallup, NM 87301; or Newton Memorial Hospital Foundation, 175 High Street, Newton, NJ 07860.

http://www.legacy.com/njherald/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=122276786

He was a very good firend for many years and one of the good guys in the industry

|  IP: Logged

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2009 11:41 AM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How sad..

When Bud Orton passed away last April, Noel had contacted me about meeting up with him when he was in this area which was suppose to be October of last year, But I never heard back from him...

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 01-08-2009 05:09 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear this, Gordon. [Frown]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 01-08-2009 05:23 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Am very sorry to hear about this and he will be sorely missed by all in this industry. My sincere condolences to all of his family.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 01-14-2009 02:29 AM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW... I always had the pleasure of running into Noel and eventually chatting it up every year at ShoWest...

RIP Noel.

-Aaron

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: