Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Personal Trainers: Rant

Author Topic: Personal Trainers: Rant
Tyler Potts
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2009 07:57 AM      Profile for Tyler Potts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ 03-10-2009, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Tyler Potts ]

|  IP: Logged

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 02-07-2009 08:57 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try not to go crazy getting your money back. Look at this as an opportunity to drive them crazy. so that it will be FUN for you.

Whether or not you ever see the cash is another story. Louis

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 02-08-2009 06:04 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should be able to contact a supervisor and have them reverse the charges right away. If not they're a horrible company.

Tyler Potts
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2009 07:52 AM      Profile for Tyler Potts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ 03-10-2009, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Tyler Potts ]

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2009 08:20 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure who the Gold's Gym around here uses, but I've had no issues with their PT. Quite excellent, although a bit pricey (about what you were supposed to pay).

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 02-09-2009 04:04 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I work for a company that is working to open a chain of luxury health clubs. Our first is already open in Colorado Springs, CO and is really nice. We run our own PT staff in house and they're all very knowledgeable. I'm irritated that our first club is in CO and not in CA where I could actually make use of them. My understanding of our rates is that they're reasonable and competitive. Just talking with the trainers casually makes me want to hire them though. The only other trainers I've spoken with were with 24-hour fitness and I just felt like they had been sent to a class sponsored by 24-Hour (the equivalent of Regal College).

I've considered hiring a personal personal trainer but was slightly scared by the $2000 price tag. But I figured that it would be money well spent. There'd be no way I'd spend $2000 and NOT make sure I got my money's worth for it.

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2009 07:49 PM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gold's are usually fussy about how their franchises operate, so I would make sure you are heard as far up the chain as you can be with owners and the like. The Gold's here hires their own trainers and they work mostly on commission. They are great. Although an outside company, they still represent the gym and if the gym doesn't care about how they are being represented, I would take my membership elsewhere.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: