Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Had another trip to the hospital...

Author Topic: Had another trip to the hospital...
Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 03-15-2009 09:15 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the few here who may wonder why I hadn't been online here for a while, welll..

I was back in the hospital starting Thursday the 5th and finally got released on Friday the 13th. My blood clots in my left leg and both lungs had returned with a vengance.

In late Jan my doctor and I decided to discontinue my blood thinners that I was on from a previous clot incident (Aug 2007), as both a CAT scan and ultrasound showed the clots as of Nov. 2008 were gone.

Turns out that was a bad decision, as evidently my first incident had made me prone to clotting again.

So after a hard week (as my blood was fighting the medication) I am now back on the blood thinners, this time for the rest of my life. That beats the alternative. [Smile]

Take care folks, glad I'm gonna be around to torment Phil some more. [Razz]

Here's a link to a thread on my first incident:

LINKY-LINKY

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-15-2009 09:18 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope ya feel better Tony!! My wife just got off the blood thinners but from surgery and is soon to go back on them because of the 2nd knee surgery.
Don't cut yourself or get injured while on those meds!
Mark

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2009 09:30 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear you've been sick.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I had some surgery in late February.
Nothing quite as serious as what you've
been through, but no fun just the same.

I'm hoping to be well enough to return
to work at the end of this week.

I'm not a great couch potato so I'm looking
forward to getting fully back on my feet.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 03-15-2009 09:31 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark. [Smile]

My leg is still a bit sore and swollen, and I go back to the lab for a test tomorrow to make sure my blood is thin enough.

Like last time, after a few months to stabilize, I'll be back to riding my bike (cautiously) to get the exercise the docs say I must have. I also have a mountain bike that I'll cruise to the beach on to give that leg a good workout.

Hope your wife has a speedy recovery!!

Jim, thank you as well. I know what you mean, I was goin crazy in that hospital bed, I hate not being active. Hopwe you get well soon too!!

Jeff Stricker
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-16-2009 06:11 AM      Profile for Jeff Stricker   Email Jeff Stricker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, my wife will take blood thinners forever since after her cancer surgeries she had two pulmonary embolisms. So the docs. installed a filter in an abdominal vein requiring her to use blood thinners forever.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 03-16-2009 12:52 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That really sucks. I'm sorry. Hope you get it gets stabilized quickly.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 03-16-2009 01:56 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, I sincerely hope you get this under control and licked...so to speak. I wish you well my friend. [beer]

quote: Tony Bologna
...glad I'm gonna be around to torment Phil some more.
Not to worry, I can deal with whatever you conjure up. I don't hold grudges...I get even! I'm a professional ya know! [thumbsup]

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 03-16-2009 03:46 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes to you Tony, and all the rest of us who have to deal with wearing parts which we can't just get on the internet and download a firmwear upgrade! Here's hoping for all of us that taking a few meds each day, long term or not, are the only medical issues we have to deal with. Good health to us all!

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-16-2009 05:02 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stick with the meds Tony. One of the meds I have been taking for more than a decade is a blood thinner but that's not why I take it. It's to help my "essential tremor" (the shakes we old guys sometimes get as we age). I don't have any major health problems and I'll be 77 next month. So there's hope for you. Glad you're feeling better.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 03-17-2009 04:15 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys, I appreciate all the kind words. I am feeling better, though yesterday's test revealed that my blood was too thin...all part of trying to get things back in order. I am feeling a bit better today though.

Phil, when are we gonna get together for those beers? [Smile] (The docs said I can have one or two on occasion without harm. )

Only bummer is I can't ride my dirtbike for a month or two until I get stabilized again. I was going to go last weekend. Oh, well.

EDITED to add: Guys, all the expenses and lost work are taking a toll..please check out page 2 and 3 of the "Equipment For Sale" forums and if anyone needs any of the gear I have listed, please let me know..I need to sell that stuff fast.

Tony L. Hernandez
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2009 09:27 PM      Profile for Tony L. Hernandez   Email Tony L. Hernandez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, I'm sorry to hear that, Tony. You're a good guy and I wish you a speedy recovery! Try to keep positive and not think about your illness too much...that's the best tip to recovery.
Damn, too many of my friends/family and acquaintances have been getting sick this year. Cut it out, guys! [Razz]

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 04-07-2009 12:41 AM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Tony L Hernandez
Damn, too many of my friends/family and acquaintances have been getting sick this year. Cut it out, guys! [Razz]

I hear ya, and this getting sick and hospital shit gets old really fast. I was just at the docs today as my leg had swollen up again this weekend..found out nothing more can be done right now other than trying to stay off it and keep it elevated.... [Roll Eyes]

I also now have a nice hole in my back as the doc removed a cyst that was thankfully harmless but had been bugging me.

Thanks again to everyone for all the kind thoughts and wishes!!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: