Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Nude Photos Sent to Mag. In '79 Get Printed

Author Topic: Nude Photos Sent to Mag. In '79 Get Printed
Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 04-06-2009 09:28 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody thinking of sending some pics to one of the nudie mags should consider this. In '79 a friend of the woman I was dating was broke, borrowing money from friends to keep the utilities on and to pay her new mortgage. She saw that the magazines were paying $250. for photos if published and asked me to take some that she could submit. She sent 12 pretty explicit Kodachromes as was requested and completed a very extensive release. About 6 weeks later a nice letter came thanking her for the pictures but they couldn't use them at that time, but if used in the future she would be notified and paid. A couple years ago she received a check for $500, the current rate, and a notice that her pictures had been published by one of their European based subsidiaries. What she had done partly out of necessity and on a lark when she was 27 was now at nearly 60 potentially something of an embarrassment. I guess she's fortunate they were not published in the US as she it still very recognizable in the pics.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-06-2009 09:44 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, at least they paid her! I can't imagine how many adult content companies would've said "that was 30 years ago, payment doesn't matter" and not even bothered trying to track her down.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 04-07-2009 12:36 AM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got some nude pics of me, but thankfully no one wants to see my ugly-ass body. [evil]

Joe Tommassello
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2009 12:05 PM      Profile for Joe Tommassello   Email Joe Tommassello       Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only one that wants to see the then and now photos??? Of Bill's old girl's friend of course, not of Tony.

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 04-07-2009 04:31 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The publisher sent me the photographers payment of $75. and I've changed my address 5 times since '79 so they made an effort to locate me.
The thing to keep in mind is that once they have the photos and a signed release the pictures can show up anytime and anywhere--they never die.
Nah! you wouldn't want to see the then and now of those pictures--a lot has changed since she was 27.

Tony L. Hernandez
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-08-2009 03:21 AM      Profile for Tony L. Hernandez   Email Tony L. Hernandez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting story considering thats exactly why I won't allow any nude photographs/slides/film/video/etc ever to be taken of me...film and photos last forever and I do not want it haunting me some decades down the road!

I used to know a gal who worked for one of those places that take old home movie film and slides and transfer them to video. She loved to tell one story in particular that occurred in 2003 or so.

The children and grandchildren of a terminally ill, 83 year-old widow lady found a box containing several silent 16mm home movie films under her bed and decided that it would be a wonderful surprise to transfer them to DVD considering that she no longer had a projector and it must have been years since she had seen them. So, they secretly removed them from her home and sent them to my former aquaintance's work and when they were transferred, it was discovered that they were movies of "grandma" doing many different strip teases (including full nudity) back in the early 1940s when she was in her early 20s or so.

I either never heard or do not recall how the story ended. I would love to know how this situation was explained to the family and/or how that "home movie night" with "grandma" present went when the long lost films graced the television screen for all to see. True story [uhoh]

Joe Tommassello
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-08-2009 11:27 AM      Profile for Joe Tommassello   Email Joe Tommassello       Edit/Delete Post 
In this digital age it's worse than ever. Once it gets out there it never disappears. Twenty years from now women running for senate will be sweating whether someone will remember those pics of her smashed out of her mind on E french-kissing (or worse) her same-sex friend in a bar some random Saturday night many years ago. I can see the "town meeting" now..."Ms. Candidate - Is it true you were once the featured hottie of the month on the douchebags with hot chicks website?"

Ladies - don't even trust your husbands - they may one day be your ex...heheheh

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-08-2009 03:50 PM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Bill Enos
Nah! you wouldn't want to see the then and now of those pictures--a lot has changed since she was 27.
We'll settle for the "then".

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 04-09-2009 10:33 AM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't have any. So that the finger would never point at me if the pictures got out I loaded and removed the film while she watched and put the film in her hand at the end. The camera was never out of her sight. She had the processing done, with one extra copy of each pic. so she would have one after the others were sent. I saw the dupes later.

Joe Tommassello
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-09-2009 04:10 PM      Profile for Joe Tommassello   Email Joe Tommassello       Edit/Delete Post 
So how did they look, Spielberg?

Bet they are on the internet somewhere.

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 04-09-2009 06:42 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They looked about average for non pro, taken at home photos, the exposures and focus were good, they didn't compare with the pictures seen taken by magazine pros. I've looked for them on the net and not seen them, they're not on the magazines site either, probably not good enough.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: