Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » The "What makes me go insane!" thread (Page 1)

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  43  44  45 

Author Topic: The "What makes me go insane!" thread
Andy Bajew
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2009 10:42 AM      Profile for Andy Bajew   Email Andy Bajew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Credit to Joe for inspiring the idea for this thread with his "What did you buy today (or recently)?" thread.

Houston, bumper to bumper, traffic
 -

|  IP: Logged

Jake Spell
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2009 11:16 AM      Profile for Jake Spell   Email Jake Spell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Complete incompetents that can not do their job worth a F@$%

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 08-26-2009 11:39 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And they are your boss, or co-workers that you depend on.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2009 11:47 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone hitting their 2 outer on the river! [Mad]

Joe Elliott
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2009 01:05 PM      Profile for Joe Elliott   Email Joe Elliott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People who think Jethro Tull is just a member of the band. (Armageddon)

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 08-26-2009 01:31 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having my brand new car damaged to the tune of $1200 by rocks flying out of a dump truck on the freeway, and the dump truck owner's insurance company denying my claim because there's no way that could possibly happen and also because I didn't throw up a roadblock on the freeway and get statements from witnesses.

Jake Spell
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2009 04:02 PM      Profile for Jake Spell   Email Jake Spell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You just gotta love insurance. Here to deny your claim 24/7/365.
Have A Nice Day!!!! [fu]

Jarret Chessell
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2009 04:05 PM      Profile for Jarret Chessell   Email Jarret Chessell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Megan Fox not returning my calls!!!!

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 08-26-2009 04:28 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marketing departments.

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-26-2009 05:25 PM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Andy Bajew
Houston, bumper to bumper, traffic
Come on up to Northern VA for some REAL traffic.
 -

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 08-26-2009 05:27 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The outragously costly and totally unnecessary "capital improvement project" that the local and state governments and the bureaucrats at City University of NY have come up with to squander 75 million dollars, most of it tax payer's money, because they think it's a good idea in these economic times to to completely DEMOLISH one wing of our performing arts complex which contains 2 perfectly sound, functioning theatres -- one a 500 seater (half stadium, half slope) with a fly system and proscenium stage as well as a 150 stadium seater, plus an office complex that was rebuilt only 8 years ago due to a major fire. And what will these people plan to rebuild in its stead? a SINGLE 250 seat, slope theatre, period (at one point they even were touting a FLAT floor with moveable chairs -- goes to show the pervasiveness of their diseased brains.

In summary, they are spending 75 million to replacing two theatres with a single one with a net loss of 450 seats (although they thought it would be a great idea to have a lobby twice the size of the 200 seat theatre) and we are loosing a complete 20 room office complex as well. PLUS they have not consulted with the people who have to use this space, who would gladly tell them they are making huge mistakes which all the tech people and managers and stagehands will have to live with forever and spend years trying to fix after these imbeciles are long gone!

Mistakes like a shop where large sets won't be able to turn sharp corners to get onto the stage and costumes will need to be taken OUTSIDE the building to get them to the theatre, etc., to name a few not to mention that with the size of the huge lobby, they have no provisions for a House Manager's office or storage for table and chairs or a concessions area.

With less that even a 3rd of that money, they could refurbish those two theatres to make them look spectacular. These people are certifiably brain dead.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-26-2009 06:22 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Frank Angel
squander 75 million dollars, most of it tax payer's money
We have that going on here. The state highway dept is replacing the decking (the "road") on three bridges near here, all of which look to be in perfect condition according to a lot of people who know about such stuff. Meanwhile the streets in this town are falling to pieces. We could pave the whole town twice for what they're spending on those bridges. Your stimulus (tax) dollars at "work."

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 08-26-2009 06:42 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh I don't know, in the context of $10 trillion deficits, $75 million is loose change under the sofa cushion.

A block from where I work, they're spending federal stimulus dollars to repave part of the Amtrak station parking lot. There's a big sign that says "PUTTING OREGON BACK TO WORK AGAIN!". I guess I've been imagining going to work every day. The best part is Amtrak is always in danger of imminent shutdown due to lack of funding. But dammit, they'll have a new parking lot now.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 08-26-2009 07:04 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, I am not so much crazed about the fact that they are spending 75m on a facility that potentially is the place where I will be working, but that it is TOTALLY, UNEQUIVOCALLY unnecessary. The building is in tact; it's operational; no major systems failures, i.e., everything freakin works and works well. Seats in the theatres are new, in the larger fly theatre, the rigging is all in excellent shape and the roof was replace only a decade ago. There is no reason whatsoever that this building needs to be razed and replaced, but replaced with LESS rather than more. I am crazed that they money is being totally WASTED.

Our office space was built from scratch after a major fire 8 years ago in that wing and it's actually the nicest looking office space on campus. That WON'T be replaced in the new building. As I said, useless spending and getting LESS in return.

These existing two theatres mount all the concerts, recitals and plays of the Theatre Department and the Concervatory of Music. This amounts to over hundreds of events in two facilities. Yet when the chairpersons of these two departments pointed out that there are not enough days in the semester for performances in TWO theatres, let along trying to do that in a single space, they were told that was an imagined problem and the departments would just have to work it out. The Theatre Department has already realized that instead of FOUR fully staged performances a season, they now will only be able to do TWO, short changing theatre majors of the experience of producing theatre pieces.

These people need to be taken out and have very nasty things done to them.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 08-26-2009 09:57 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's another one. In NYC they instituted a recycling program where everyone is supposed to separated their garbage into multiple garbage cans -- bottles, aluminum cans, paper/cardboard, glass and then everything else. If you don't to this, you get fined $50.

I am all for this -- I had a vision of all the plastic and glass and metal going to recycling plants and being reused, turned into useful stuff like weak airplane parts. Conservation -- a great thing. Recycling a great thing.

Then one day I was at the curb when the garbage truck came along and I spoke to the two garbage men. I asked what kind of recycling plants does the recycled glass go to and what do they make out of it. At first they kind of gave each other knowing looks and chuckled a bit, then said my idea about this material being processed and recycled into new products was a bit naive.

They explained that the trucks take the different types of garbage back to the very same garbage dumps they alway took them to, or to the barges. They said, yes the materials are dumped in different areas of the dump fields, but, NOTHING IS RECYCLED....EVER. They said, nothing has been recycled since they started the program. What they HAVE done is use this program to generate income for the city in the way of fines for those poor schlubs who get caught mixing stuff together.

What's worse, they now send THREE garbage trucks around to pick up these different pails of separated stuff, effectively adding 2/3rds more polution to the air, more fuel comsumption and more overtime, which the sanitation union loves. It's a disgrace.

Yeh, I separate my garbage....I make sure I always separate anything in my regular garbage that has my name and/or address on it and then I stuff bottles, plastic, glass, cans, EVERYTHING together just like I always did. I shred all the stuff with my name.

I live in an apartment building so unless the Sanitation Police catch me coming out of my building and putting my garbage bag in the cue AND they make me open it up right there in front of them, they will have to just realize their scam has been thwarted. And I hope they dig thru all my garbage looking for evidence of who to fine.

[sex] Screw them and their recycling scam.

As for the

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  43  44  45 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: