Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Movie Theater "Shusher" Stabbed With Meat Thermometer (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Movie Theater "Shusher" Stabbed With Meat Thermometer
David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 03-10-2010 01:09 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man stabbed with meat thermometer at movie in CA

LANCASTER, Calif. — Authorities say a man was stabbed in the neck with a meat thermometer after asking a woman to silence her cell phone during a screening of the film "Shutter Island" at a Southern California movie theater.

Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore says the stabbing happened Feb. 27 during a screening of the Martin Scorsese film in Lancaster. He says the two suspects remain at large.

Whitmore says the victim had complained about a woman sitting nearby who was talking on her phone during the movie. He says the woman left with two men, but the men returned minutes later and stabbed the victim in the neck.

Two other people in the theater came to the victim's aid and also were hurt. The man was hospitalized with serious injuries.

The sheriff's office says it knew the weapon used was a meat thermometer because the suspects left it behind. No further details were released.

|  IP: Logged

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 03-10-2010 01:26 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds exactly like something that would happen in a Martin Scorcese movie [evil]

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 03-10-2010 02:10 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who carries a meat thermometer around in a movie theater?!

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 03-10-2010 02:18 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They went and got it from their car perhaps.

What the hell is happening to this world? Ask someone to be quiet during a movie and get stabbed in the neck for it.

Incredible.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 03-10-2010 03:11 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like a sequence from the film "A Perfect Murder"... [Wink]

Todd McCracken
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2010 03:36 PM      Profile for Todd McCracken     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Who carries a meat thermometer around in a movie theater?!
You obviously haven't been to Lancaster.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-10-2010 06:05 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like watching movies at home more and more each day.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 03-10-2010 06:28 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Todd McCracken
You obviously haven't been to Lancaster.
Okay, so... Like there are a lot of unemployed aerospace engineers running around with meat thermometers in their plastic pocket protectors instead of slide rules?

Joshua Waaland
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2010 06:32 PM      Profile for Joshua Waaland   Email Joshua Waaland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they took it from the theater kitchen? That is really messed up.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 03-10-2010 07:00 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If someone pulled the meat thermometer stunt at a theater here in Lawton there's a chance he might not escape the theater without getting shot by several others in the audience. People are packing in these parts, Bubba!

I hope the police catch the cowardly scumbags responsible, including the bitch who put the two dudes up to do the stabbing.

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-11-2010 12:09 PM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: David Stambaugh
The sheriff's office says it knew the weapon used was a meat thermometer because the suspects left it behind.
Yeah, hanging out of his neck. At the time of removal it read 97 degrees.

Last weekend a woman was talking at my theatre. The man behind her, after asking her to be quiet, chose to dump his large pop all over her. In a way I felt bad about making him leave. I've wanted to do the same at times.

Todd McCracken
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-11-2010 12:12 PM      Profile for Todd McCracken     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote: Todd McCracken You obviously haven't been to Lancaster.

Okay, so... Like there are a lot of unemployed aerospace engineers running around with meat thermometers in their plastic pocket protectors instead of slide rules?

Hehehehe, no what happened in LA is that LA county re zoned the section 8 housing and many moved to Lancaster/Palmdale. Its made it a much more interesting place. [Smile]

http://www.city-data.com/forum/california/122984-lancaster-seeks-pull-plug-section-8-a.html

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-11-2010 03:03 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Chad Souder
Last weekend a woman was talking at my theatre. The man behind her, after asking her to be quiet, chose to dump his large pop all over her.
In a way I wish more people would do this. It would make theatres messy for a while but it would be effective! [Big Grin]

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2010 12:24 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately when I was a manager at the Loews Boston Common 19 in downtown Boston we had a couple of stabbings it was not very fun. But of course in the corporate mentality we just hosed it down and kept on running! [beer]

Geena Phillips
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2010 10:30 AM      Profile for Geena Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Geena Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, I wonder how long it'll take the California legislature to start debating meat-thermometer control laws?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: