Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Brokers, shipping companies

Author Topic: Brokers, shipping companies
Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2010 11:51 AM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone recommend a good one? I have a decent amount of parts that are going to be shipped to China. It will be about 15 to 20 boxes which would easily fit on a pallet. I'm having trouble getting a shipping quote, which I need to finalize the contract with the customer. Any suggestions or contacts in the shipping biz is appreciated.

Rick

|  IP: Logged

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 05-19-2010 01:05 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, these guys are here in So. Calif. but specialize in overseas shipping:

Shipito, Eastbiz Corporation
2972 Columbia St. Torrance, CA 90503
310-212-7134 ph. 310-531-7389 fax
email info@shipito.com
www.Shipito.com

Found them thanks to another member here on F-T.

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2010 01:52 PM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Tony, But they couldn't help. The lady I talked to said they do mostly documents and letters.

I'm needing to send a bunch of parts from Omaha and other factories in different states. I need to combine them into one shipment as easily and cost friendly as possible. I can't get the total dimensions or weight of what the total shipment will be. My goal was to have everything shipped to Omaha and combined there, but it doesn't look like that will happen.

The bitch is, I need to give the customer in China an estimate on shipping and insurance before they can sign the contract and wire me the money.

I don't want to pay for all of the shipping to my house in Indiana, then try to figure out how to ship it to China.

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2010 01:41 PM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first package which was shipped from Omaha to Changchun was denied and shipped back. They needed more info at customs. They emailed me, all in Chinese with a phone number, and my client in China translated and called them (customs in Beijing). Fed Ex thinks it was denied because it has my name as the recipient and I'm not there to claim it. The box is currently back in the states and on its way to Strong. I told Fed Ex that I don't want to pay another $300 to re-ship it. I paid Strong up front for the parts and shipping, expecting it to be delivered door to door. Now i have to deal with FedEx and possibly more shipping costs [Mad] . I am tempted to just buy a couple of big Pelican Cases and hand deliver all the shit. I still have about $15000 worth of parts to deliver.

Rick

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: