Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Who to complain to about not receiving goods?? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Who to complain to about not receiving goods??
Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-06-2010 11:18 AM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Long story short.....I bought something from a Company in China. I never received the items. They refuse to compensate me. Who do I file a complaint with???

|  IP: Logged

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 09-06-2010 11:21 AM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) Teaser titles are not allowed
2) Assuming you paid with a credit card, simply report this to your credit card company and have them deny the charge.

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-06-2010 11:45 AM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't think it was a teaser title. It was right to the point. It was a tranaction back in May. The items were sent but UPS lost them. The seller filed a claim which was paid by UPS. Ups supossedly paid $40. I paid $600 for the items originally. The seller refuses to do anything else.

Mark Hajducki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2010 05:47 PM      Profile for Mark Hajducki   Email Mark Hajducki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do UPS admit to loosing the item?

When paying for the shipping did you turn-down the opportunity to insure the item for its full value, or were you not given the choice?

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 09-07-2010 06:08 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you or the seller didn't insure for full value with UPS then there's no further claim to be made there. Like Chris said, if you paid by credit card that's probably your only hope, getting the charge reversed or something. Aside from that if the seller isn't budging you're probably screwed.

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2010 07:34 PM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. UPS knows they lost it. I was not given the option of insurance. The way I look at it, and I may be wrong, I bought an item from this guy. I feel that it's his responsibility to get it too me. He hired UPS, not me.

Mark Hajducki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2010 07:37 PM      Profile for Mark Hajducki   Email Mark Hajducki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How did you pay the guy?

How did you make the purchase?

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2010 07:57 PM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Through Paypal, but like I said, it was back in May.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 09-07-2010 08:32 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By law, common carriers are doing the work of the customer; therefore the shippers usually will not send another item.

It may be different internationally. Louis

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 09-08-2010 10:02 AM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Richard May
Through Paypal, but like I said, it was back in May.
That changes nothing. Still call your credit card company like I said. The worst that can happen is they say that the charge can't be reversed by now.

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2010 11:08 AM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
did you get a tracking number? When I order parts, I ask for the tracking number as soon as I wire the money to the supplier. When the parts are shipped, I e-mail the tracking number right away to the end user and check it daily to make sure it's going to them.

Also, it might be hung up in customs. You may have to pay duties and taxes on whatever you bought.

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2010 01:12 PM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UPS somehow delivered it to the wrong address. They admitted they did it so there is no issue there. They made compensation for the package, but the shipper said it was only $40. If that's the case then the shipper put the value at only $40. I was given no choice for insurance.

Todd McCracken
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2010 02:47 PM      Profile for Todd McCracken     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dispute the charge with paypal. However if you used your credit card you will probably get batter satisfaction through them.

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2010 02:49 PM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you took the $40 "compensation", then it sounds like you're screwed. They already payed you off. [uhoh] Do a tracking on it and find out where it was shipped to. The translation between the states and china can get messed up, that is why I always verify any orders via e-mail and double check the shipping address before any money is exchanged.

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2010 02:59 PM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't take anything. UPS doesn't deal with the buyer....only the shipper. The shipper was "supossedly" paid the $40. UPS won't even tell me how much was paid. The address it was shipped to was not even close to mine. Totally different name,street, and number. They went back to get it and it wasn't there.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: