Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What are you listening to... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What are you listening to...
Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2010 09:41 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a What did you buy today thread. Why not a thread about what music your listening to? This way we may be able to pass an artist on to someone who has never heard of them. My artist that I'm sure none of you have heard of except for a few friends in the UK would have to be Seasick Steve. This man is amazing. I've added a couple videos for your listening pleasure.
Walking Man
Cut My Wings
Listen to and Enjoy my friends.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-21-2010 11:06 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the XM radio on at work (we sell music here so it's OK, folks) and currently it's on Channel 49, Classic Rewind.

At my desk I'm currently listening online to KFI from Los Angeles. (Talk station)

My most recent music purchase was Heart's new CD, "Red Velvet Car." It's OK, but not great.

Ian Parfrey
Phenomenal Film Handler

From: Imbil Australia 26 deg 27' 42.66" S 152 deg 42' 23.40" E

- posted 09-21-2010 04:34 PM      Profile for Ian Parfrey   Email Ian Parfrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a group, Sparks, originally from the US but who now reside in the UK. Been around since the 70's, their output continues to increase and also remaining 'current'. Lyrically driven and eccentric to boot, this a a group who continues to adapt and survive.

Ron Mael has always been my hero, and the early clips always had me glued.

Sparks - Get In The Swing 1975

Sparks- La Dolce Vita 1979

Sparks- The Calm Before The Storm 2000

Sparks - Balls

and as an added extra, a Supermarket interview...

Sparks Supermarket Interview. 1995

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-21-2010 04:50 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Currently listening to the swamp cooler humming away the heat.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-21-2010 05:16 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sparks had motion picture fame in the movie "Rollercoaster." They were the band playing for the big party at Magic Mountain.

Ian Parfrey
Phenomenal Film Handler

From: Imbil Australia 26 deg 27' 42.66" S 152 deg 42' 23.40" E

- posted 09-21-2010 05:29 PM      Profile for Ian Parfrey   Email Ian Parfrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the heads up on the Sparks appearance, Mike. Ill track it down.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 09-21-2010 10:39 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Listening to the 5-song EP soundtrack sampler of The Social Network from Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. The album will ship in October in a choice of formats (Compact Disc, a 180 gram vinyl double album and audio-only Blu-ray) and also include a free 320kb/s MP3 download of the soundtrack.
Linky

It would be nice if more music titles were released in this manner.

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 09-21-2010 10:41 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Luci's got me listening to multiple Glee soundtracks (which are available for downloading right after they air).

These days if you ask her what her favorite genre of music is she'll say "Covers".

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 09-21-2010 11:49 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope the movie of The Social Network's better than that music.

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2010 10:46 AM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shameless plug, but I listen to Chet and the Molesters, and Deja Vu . Since the mid eighties, I think I have carried and set up more sound equipment than needed. The good thing is, I get free drinks at the bars [Razz] . My cousin Nick plays lead guitar, and between the 2 bands, they are probably the most talented in the tri-state area.

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2010 11:08 AM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to Sirius 22, I got to know about Dave Edmunds cover of Girls Talk. Damn catchy.

I find this Weezer collaboration with Sara Barielles on I Want You To to be better than the regular video version.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 09-23-2010 01:23 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laura Veirs - "July Flame"

Todd McCracken
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2010 02:27 PM      Profile for Todd McCracken     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.guba.com/watch/3000055058/Faith-No-More-From-Out-Of-Nowhere

[Smile]

Cant wait to see them in LA in Nov.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 09-23-2010 02:40 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of late the sound of my business sinking faster than the Titanic...

Todd McCracken
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2010 03:13 PM      Profile for Todd McCracken     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Think positive Tony, Think digital [Razz]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: