Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Is it the new thing for actresses to show off their tits? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Is it the new thing for actresses to show off their tits?
Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 11-30-2010 11:41 PM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I am wondering about this.

First, Marisa Tomei in "The Wrestler",
Second, Naomi Rapace "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo"
Third, Julianne Moore in "The Kids Are All Right"
Fourth, Amanda Seyfreid in "Chloe"
Fifth, Julianne Moore in "Cloe"

and now Anne Hathaway in "Love and Other Drugs"

Best set: Anne Hathaway by far.
Seriously, when has it become the norm?

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-01-2010 12:05 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you new to R-rated movies?

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 12-01-2010 12:18 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It really all began back in the silent and early "soundies" era until the 1930 "Hays Code" came out, then things all pretty well behaved itself...

...until...

.... mainstream film producers wanted to get back in getting a bit more "daring" and "realistic"....then out came the MPAA Ratings Code in 1968.

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-01-2010 12:40 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reminds me of this exchange from Scream:

Stu: I wanna see Jamie Lee's breast. When will we see Jamie Lee's breasts?

Randy: Breasts? Not until "Trading Places" in '83. Jamie was always the virgin in horror movies. She never showed her tits until she went legits.

AJG

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 12-01-2010 12:45 AM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Monte L Fullmer
mainstream film producers
It just seems that recently a lot of mainstream actresses are starting to do it all of a sudden.

I always thought a big name star/well known didn't have to...

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-01-2010 12:50 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And this bothers you why?.... [Smile]

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-01-2010 01:00 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love and other drugs isn't the first movie that Hathaway showed hers. She was topless in Brokeback.

I'm also confused why you even care Tom. Most actresses have said as long as there's a reason for it they don't care. Except for Jessica Alba who has said as long as her dads around she won't being going full nude.

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-01-2010 01:09 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Kurt Zupin
Except for Jessica Alba who has said as long as her dads around she won't being going full nude.
[Frown]

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 12-01-2010 01:20 AM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Kurt Zupin
I'm also confused why you even care Tom
It seemed to me in both Chloe, Kid are All Right and Love and Other Drugs that the actresses were pulling a "hey look at me, I even went so far as to show of my tits for this role...now cast me for the next one"

Love and Other Drugs it looked like Hathaway had a minimum amount of nude shots that needed to be shown as per contract.

And to the fella that mentioned, welcome to R rated. Love and Other Drugs is rated 14A...the equivalent of Pg-13, not sure how the US has a tougher rating.

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-01-2010 01:55 AM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And this bothers you why?.... [Smile]
Because it adds nothing to the story line, sets a poor example and is entertainment only for those guys with raging hormones who view women as objects.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 12-01-2010 02:06 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should watch more foreign movies.

*EVERY* French movie has, at least, one scene where somebody gets naked. The problem is that it's usually a fat, sweaty, old man.

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 12-01-2010 02:30 AM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[Smile]
Because it adds nothing to the story line, sets a poor example and is entertainment only for those guys with raging hormones who view women as objects.

I am glad others can see why I started this thread.

Looking back at Naomi Rapace, Lisbeth in the book actually gets implants at one point while in the movie she does not. So I can see the director making a point of this.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-01-2010 04:12 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Naomi Rapeface is one of the few people I would actually promote getting implants. She really needs them (a face transplant wouldn't hurt, either).

quote: Tom Petrov
It seemed to me in both Chloe, Kid are All Right and Love and Other Drugs that the actresses were pulling a "hey look at me, I even went so far as to show of my tits for this role...now cast me for the next one"
Julianne Moore is almost always showing some, has been for a looong time. Surely you've seen her pubes by now.

quote: Tom Petrov
I am glad others can see why I started this thread.
So nudity is bad? But violence is OK, right? As far as viewing women as objects... who cares? Trust me, women view guys in the same manner, they're just not as vulgar about it.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 12-01-2010 08:46 AM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As we used to say in reference to teen horror movies:

"Quick, your only hope is to take off your clothes!"

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 12-01-2010 10:58 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and now you know why I got into this business. . . . Louis

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: