Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Little Fockers predicted to hit $65 mil. WTF?

Author Topic: Little Fockers predicted to hit $65 mil. WTF?
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-21-2010 09:40 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boxoffice is predicting that Little Fockers will do $65 million from Dec. 22-26.

Anybody think that'll really happen? I think it'll be pretty good but I don't think it's gonna be THAT good. (If it is that good, I'll wish we had opened it!)

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-21-2010 10:27 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did they specify the years involved...perhaps they are including the 12 or so months between those dates and allowing for video sales/rentals too! [Wink]

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2010 11:37 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This film will make probably 30-40 Million in that time frame. As bad as it is, it will bring in people on name alone. I don't think it'll get good word of mouth but it will do decent over the extended weekend.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 12-22-2010 12:40 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya, DVD/BR sales will make up the expected gross and then some ... as what ususally happens nowdays...

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 12-22-2010 01:14 AM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not out of reach.

TRON will hit $100 by next Tuesday.

Jake Spell
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2010 01:24 AM      Profile for Jake Spell   Email Jake Spell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tron is in 3D

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 12-22-2010 01:27 AM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
Anybody think that'll really happen?
There has not been a blockbuster comedy for a while.

Parents grossed $166m
Fockers grossed $274m

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-22-2010 10:55 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tron has nothing to do with this topic. And, who gives a crap about the grand total? I was asking about the first 5 days. I think 40-ish is a lot more reasonable guess, but B.O.'s predictions are usually pretty close.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 12-22-2010 11:39 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Little Fockers might do good business over the long Christmas holiday weekend. With it registering a horrible 7% rating at Rotten Tomatoes the drop in business on its 2nd weekend (over New Year's Day) could be pretty bad.

I already had the "meh, I'll wait for it on HBO" attitude. And that was before seeing the shitty Rotten Tomatoes score.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 12-22-2010 01:06 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would not at all be surprised to see Fockers hit $65 mil over the holiday weekend.

Not a dime of it is coming from me, though.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 12-22-2010 02:11 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will draw families and it is not in 3-D so the families will be able to afford it. It has the potential do do the 65 million regardless of what type of reviews it is getting. It's competition this week is True Grit and it is not really family friendly at all. It's a good movie but not at the family level. On Christmas day you have Gulliver's Travels and that looks like a 3-D piece of [bs] .

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 12-22-2010 04:26 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True Grit? Not family friendly? Why, it's rated PG-13 and has no bare breasts swaying out there on display! That immediately makes it family friendly!

What's the matter with a little bit of cowboy gun play? The kiddies are probably playing "Red Dead: Redeption" on their XBox360 and PS3 consoles at home!
[Razz]

Seriously, just going by RT ratings, Fockers at 7% and True Grit at 97%, I'm more likely to check out the western. But that's just me. Hell, I might see that marginal Tron sequel just for the spectacle (which seems to be pretty much the only point of that movie anyway).

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-22-2010 07:05 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Darryl Spicer
It will draw families and it is not in 3-D so the families will be able to afford it.
The trailer has more than enough sex-related humor in it to make a Mom uncomfortable. (If anything it will hurt attendance.) I have a feeling the family crowd will be disappointed.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-26-2010 09:00 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think 40-ish is a lot more reasonable guess,
Well I was pretty close it turns out. $33 mil for the weekend, $48M for the 5-days.

Not such a happy new year for Universal, although Disney shouldn't feel too bad -- they knocked one out of the park with Tangled.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 12-27-2010 11:27 AM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I stopped by the Moore Warren last night to see "True Grit", not realizing so many people had Monday off...and it was sold out. As was "Little Fockers", "Tron", "Tangled", and "Narnia".

I was surprised by "Tangled" and "Narnia".

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: