Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Do you believe in ghosts? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Do you believe in ghosts?
Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2011 11:46 AM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried watching Paranormal Activity last week but couldn't get through it. Years ago when I returned from my honeymoon, we had to stay at her parents house. (her grandparents were still in town and staying there).
 -
We stayed on the 3rd floor which used to be a ballroom. Half of it had been remodeled years before. When you walked up the stairs, the left side was the bedroom, and the right was the ballroom that was never refinished. My first time walking up there, I got chills and weird feelings. The original owner of the house hung himself there.

The first night, I woke up and saw someone in the doorway between the bedroom and "ballroom". I did what every grown man would do....jump up turn on every light in the room and dive in bed on the other side of my wife so she was closer to the door. The next night I woke up in the middle of the night just so scared that I couldn't move or speak, I just layed there. That was the last night I stayed at that house, scared the crap out of me, I know when my mind is yelling "get out", I get the fuck out!!

|  IP: Logged

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 04-11-2011 12:00 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have the furnace checked before I assumed that there were ghosts.

Most old houses that have ghosts also have old furnaces that leak carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide can make you sick and cause hallucinations without even realizing what's happening.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-11-2011 01:01 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, I've always wanted to stay a night at the Amityville house.

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2011 01:53 PM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was able to find that picture,which was their home, from a historical site for downtown Evansville. Just looking at it gives me the creeps. Ghosts and in-laws, and memories of having sex in a haunted room [uhoh]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-11-2011 03:37 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds fun. I'm going to have to adjust my furnace to leak some carbon monoxide. But what about the summer? How do I see ghosts then?

Robert Minichino
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2011 03:49 PM      Profile for Robert Minichino   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Minichino   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
During the summer? Water heater.

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 04-11-2011 03:51 PM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2011 04:36 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe in a spiritual world but not ghosts as is the popular belief. Most are the work of this guy.... [evil]

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 04-11-2011 05:27 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joe Redifer
That sounds fun. I'm going to have to adjust my furnace to leak some carbon monoxide. But what about the summer? How do I see ghosts then?
Take a shower:

quote:
In 2005, a 23-year-old victim of carbon monoxide poisoning was found delirious and hyperventilating. She told the paramedics who found her that she saw a ghost in the shower. One week before the accident occurred she had a new water heater installed in her house. It was installed incorrectly and was flooding excess carbon monoxide into the house. The ghost was a vision created out of her carbon monoxide induced hallucinations.
Source: http://blog.frightcatalog.com/2011/03/24/carbon-monoxide-poisoning-the-explanation-of-ghost-hauntings/

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 04-11-2011 11:58 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get it. Don't you think if there were really a ghost, he'd be a lot more afraid of a LIVE human...a big strapping manly man than that man would be of him? After all, he's just an image, barely there, and not for nuthin, the dude HUNG himself....what a wuss; how much of a threat can he be?

Even if I believed in them, I am wouldn't assume it could do any physical harm except like doing all that ghosty stuff like APPEARING and popping out in mirrors and Ooooooh-ing....making dumb noises here and there; big deal. I say you should have hurled a shoe at it. Tell it to get the hell out of your house. Or say, "Hey bub, is this where you off-ed yourself, in that ballroom there? It is, isn't it, huh? I bet THAT had to smart. Hey, you want me to get you another rope, let's see a demonstration; let's see how you did it, asshole."

I mean, he was totally ineffectual in life, what makes anyone think he's gonna be more macho beyond the grave?

It's all just a matter of attitude. We don't put up with no stinking ghosts here in Brooklyn.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-12-2011 12:11 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't believe in ghosts but I WANT to because they seem fascinating to me. I like being spooked out like that. And I think a ghost would be less afraid of you than you would be of it. Here is my scientifically researched reasoning as to why: Ghosts are strange to humans. Strange things that cannot be explained = spooky. Ghosts know what humans are. Not spooky.

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-12-2011 07:24 AM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I visited the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam a few years ago. To enter I bought a ticket in the adjoining house and proceeded through a doorway to the left side. As soon as I crossed the threshold I was overcome with this feeling of extreme sadness that prevailed throughout my entire visit. As soon as I exited the sad feeling went away. Later, I told a colleague about the experience, and the next day he reported the same feeling after he visited. Ghosts - No, residual energy - Yes.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 04-12-2011 10:51 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, that's just the time/space displacement and as you say, energy from the parallel universe. You are in the same place but feeling the energy from a different time. There are a couple of STAR TREK: NG that explain all that.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 04-12-2011 03:47 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My apt. has the ghost of a past tenant who passed away in the living room. (Ironic really.) The spirit is very playful, he likes to knock down my motorcycle models sometimes. The first time it happened I thought it was my cat, but all the subsequent times it happened the cat was sleeping on the bed with me so it wasn't the cat.

Also my cat will sometimes sit in the hallway and meow and stare at the ceiling.

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 04-14-2011 11:57 AM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No ghosts, including the so-called holy one.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: