Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Best Burger (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Best Burger
Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-12-2011 11:01 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno why I thought of posting this, but I did a search and couldn't find a related thread. Anyhow, who do you think has the best hamburger out there?

I know it's sometimes hard to compare say a McDonald's to a pub burger, but let's say overall who has the tastiest.

I have two favorites, and they are both in the state of Michigan:

-Redamaks in New Buffalo, MI: perfect any day or after a visit to Lake Michigan.

-Miller's Bar in Dearborn, MI: they don't even have a menu. You order your burger, pick a cheese, and add toppings. Heck, they even work on the honor system and you tell the bar tender your order before you leave.

AJG

|  IP: Logged

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 05-12-2011 11:30 PM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to say Apache Burger in Etobicoke Ontario.

They have a wall of photos with all of the famous hockey players who have made sure to stop by on a road trip, eat a burger and take a photo.

Brett Hull, Brendan Shanahan, coachs, someone once actually brought the Stanley Cup by.

As for fast food, Burger King all the way, but sometime I like a Double 1/4 pounder.

Your looking at $6 a burger.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 05-13-2011 12:06 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't remember for sure where this was discussed (recently). It might have been a bit of off topic drift in the Chipotle thread. Sonic was a big part of the discussion. Lots of different burger chains were mentioned.

I don't eat many burgers since my cholesterol tries to run a bit high if I'm not careful about what I eat and slack off on the exercise. But I do love burgers and I especially love steaks.

Here in Lawton I prefer Waynes Drive-Inn. The Meers Store nearby in the Wichita Mountains is a popular tourist stop and when the restaurant has its A-game going their original blood line Longhorn beef burgers are AWESOME. Food Network ranked the Meers Burger in the nation's top 10. The place can be inconsistent at times. Burgess Grill is another local restaurant that makes a great hamburger. Sometimes the service sucks though. Out of chains operating here I think Whataburger does the best job. We have several Sonic locations in the area.

In-N-Out Burger is extremely popular on the West Coast. The company just opened a distribution center in the Dallas Fort Worth metro and is in the process of opening 8 restaurants in the metroplex. In-N-Out never freezes its beef, so all its locations must be within a day's drive of the distribution center. Lawton is a 3 hour drive from Dallas. Hopefully that may lead to an In-N-Out location opening here within the next few years.

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2011 05:00 AM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Aaron Garman
who do you think has the best hamburger out there?
Me [beer] grillin' season has just begun in Indiana [Smile]

Don Furr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2011 05:59 AM      Profile for Don Furr   Email Don Furr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite burger comes from a neighbor pub called The Brake Pad. Located very close the the Atlanta International Airport the Pad is an old Texaco gas station converted to a restaurant!! The burgers are always cooked exactly like you order. A+ in my book. [thumbsup]

Don

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2011 09:48 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've eaten there, Don. The burger was GREAT. It's all I could afford after the last warehouse visit I did with our friend Newton!!

James Wallor
Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2011 10:32 AM      Profile for James Wallor   Email James Wallor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I greatly enjoy In-N-Out Burger, but I doubt it will ever come this far out because of the no frozen beef policy.

As far as chains go, Five Guys has a pretty good burger. And the triple prime from Applebees is pretty tasty too.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-13-2011 12:02 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hudson's Hamburgers in Couer d'Alene ID is a little burger store that has been in business since the early 1900s. You order a burger, they patty and grill it right in view. You usually have to wait for a seat in there. Here's a clip from a Yelp review that says it better than I can:

quote:
You all don't need me to tell you how amazing Hudson's is because you know it. Double cheeseburger with raw onions and pickles that create a groove in the cutting board (that changes every 8 months), fresh meat with each patty made to order, horseradish sauce that goes on to make the burger perfect, tradition, excellence, and a piece of homemade pie to top off the meal. Its worth the wait, we all know.

What you don't know is that I once drove 3 hours (each way) in early December just to have one of these hamburgers. YES. They. are. that. good.

Around here you can't get a good burger at all -- or sometimes you can (Speedway, right Mark?) but the quality is not consistent and sometimes you wait 45 minutes or more. We have no chain stores here except DQ and their burgers are OK for fast-food burgers.

Nope, if you're in Forsyth, MT you have to drive 45 miles to get a guaranteed good burger -- either Miles City (the 600 Cafe) or Ingomar (the Jersey Lilly, a place you will definitely never forget).

Of the chains, if we're in Billings I like Fuddrucker's.

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 05-13-2011 12:13 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too now have to watch my cholesterol levels and so can't eat red meat burgers any time I feel like it without a lot of exercise to burn off the consumed fats. But still, if you find yourself in the West Los Angeles area, the Apple Pan is the place. Hand formed patties and cooked to order, plus a slice of apple pie to go with it if you like. To paraphrase the old Magnavox TV commercials, "Expensive, and darn well worth it."

Matt Fields
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2011 12:22 PM      Profile for Matt Fields   Email Matt Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best chain burger I've ever had is Five Guys.

Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2011 12:25 PM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: James Wallor
I greatly enjoy In-N-Out Burger, but I doubt it will ever come this far out because of the no frozen beef policy
You never know, In-N-Out just opened 2 locations in the Dallas area (Frisco and Allen) with a slew more on the way. Just depends if there's a market big enough for a distribution center.

There were people camped out for days in anticipation of those locations opening. Lines were several hours long opening day.

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2011 01:13 PM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Matt Fields
Best chain burger I've ever had is Five Guys.
Ditto

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2011 02:36 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Matt & Rick on this one...Five Guys is one tasty burger, and the best for any fast-food chain.

But my most favorite burger is the Triple Prime Burger at Ruby Tuesday's.

Michael Coate
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2011 02:43 PM      Profile for Michael Coate   Email Michael Coate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Paul Mayer
if you find yourself in the West Los Angeles area, the Apple Pan is the place
[thumbsup]

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 05-13-2011 03:10 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Five Guys is OK if you stick with the small burger. If you opt for the bigger ones they just stack more of the scrawny small patties, they also only offer what they call cheddar cheese (actually rubber and tasteless "american" cheese.

One that I haven't seen mentioned here is Cheeburger,Cheeburger.
Their patties are made in store from fresh ground meat by hand--no patty presses and cooked to order, not to a corporate office doneness. Burgers are 1/3 lb. to 1 lb. and made from a single patty so the big ones take a lot longer to come out. They have several cheeses and many, many toppings. Worth trying if there's one in your area. And yes, that's Cheeburger with no SE

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: