Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » R.I.P. Mike Morrissey

Author Topic: R.I.P. Mike Morrissey
Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2011 10:22 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike Morrissey the former technical director of the School Of Visual Arts Theatre in New York, NY passed away this week after an illness. Mike was a talented producer, director, engineer, and business owner. Mike and his businesses has worked on many feature films, and television projects including the pioneering of "virtual set" technology. Mike was 54.

Arrangements are as follows;
There will be a wake Friday May 20 from 2-4 and 7-9 PM and a funeral service will be held Saturday at 10am at the Becker Funeral Home 219 Kinderkamack Road Westwood N.J.

|  IP: Logged

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 05-20-2011 11:11 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
R.I.P., Mike.

I didn't know the nature of his passing and I didn't know Mike personally. From what I understand Mike was a guy who worked hard at showing off student artwork in a very professional manner. At least he was able to be a part of the renovation of the School of Visual Arts Theater on 23rd Street, which I think is a pretty big deal. It beats the crap out of renting other theaters. My student orientation in 1987 took place in the Gramercy Theater. Other presentations had to be given in Marshall Arisman's big classroom or the screening room on the 7th floor of the main building. It seemed like NYU and Parsons had more resources. I'm envious of SVA students who have use of the new theater.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-21-2011 09:54 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bobby, Thank you for your nice words about Mike and the SVA theatre. it is a really great facility and Mike had a lot to do with that. He was able to step in at the right time to ensure that things were done in a useable way such as adding recessed stage boxes for xlr, bnc, and data connections as well as many other contributions he made.

Even when undergoing intensive radiation treatment for stage 4 lung cancer he still came to work and did his best to provide a quality presentation to the students, and community.

As I said i really enjoyed my time working with Mike as his assistant at SVA and he is greatly missed.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: