Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Goodbye to my Gizmo, 1998-2011 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Goodbye to my Gizmo, 1998-2011
Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 06-09-2011 07:09 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am deeply saddened to tell you guys that my cat, Gizmo, will be put to sleep tomorrow Fri Jun 10.

After 13 years he has been more than just a pet, he has literally saved my life more than once and has been a great companion. Even now, as he has been in a bad way with a severe leg problem and congestive heart failure, he has been more concerned about me as I am dealing with a bout of severe bronchitis.

Way back in May of 1998, when I went to see about getting a cat from a neighbor's friend, he was one of the last three of the litter. As I looked into the box, he looked up at me and meowed. As I was reaching into the box to pick up one of his litter mates, he climbed up my arm and laid down on my shoulder. On the way home he refused to stay in the box and rode on my shoulder all the way home.

I will not be online for sometime as I try to deal with this so if I am not here for a while you'll know why.

Thanks for letting me vent here.

|  IP: Logged

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 06-09-2011 07:11 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear that Tony.

RIP little one.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 06-09-2011 08:03 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sending you good wishes, Tony.

People who don't have pets simply do not understand how emotionally attached we can get to them or how exquisit a real friendship with them can become.

Loosing our golden Labrador Retriever of 12 years traumatized everyone in the family for weeks -- all from the youngest to the oldest, crying like babies.

And when you hear someone dismiss such an emotional response with stuff like, "What are you getting so upset about -- it's just a pet." You want to respond, "Any you're just a flying ______ (fill in any appropriately derogatory noun). Or better yet, turn into Maxwell, swinging a really hefty silver hammer. Hey....clang clang!

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 06-09-2011 08:22 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The cat that picks you is the best cat. You are blessed. R.I.P. Gizmo Louis

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 06-09-2011 09:02 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a 14yr old cat, named by my daughter by the name of "Tigger" (a golden tabby) when we brought him home in early 1997 as a three week old kitten, whom now we just call "The Old Man"

...and the wife and I wonder how we are gonna feel when it's time for him to go...since he's been part (and acts like) of the family for so long.

I never had good luck with cats - either they get run over or run away to go wild, thus this will be a first for me but do undertand Tony on losing someone so close as your favorite pet...for it does hurt for awhile..

Good luck - Monte

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-09-2011 09:57 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had to put our Chocolate Lab down two weeks ago. Very hard to do but his hind legs gave out. He was 12 years old... very old for a Lab. His mind was still at about 6 years though. Hang in there Tony.

Mark

Hillary Charles
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2011 10:15 PM      Profile for Hillary Charles   Email Hillary Charles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So very to hear that, Tony. Those of us who love our animal friends know what you're going through, and like the others I wish you the strength to get through this.

Good cat. Good friend.

Fred Georges
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2011 10:22 PM      Profile for Fred Georges   Email Fred Georges   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So Sorry to hear this Tony. I still get misty eyed when I think about My Cat Chuck that I had to put down close to 20 years ago. That's what a great cat will do to you, Stay in your Heart & Mind forever. Hang in there & by all means get another one asap. So many are desperately in need of Good, loving Homes.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-09-2011 10:37 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a cat ("Whitefoot") when I was a kid and he was my best buddy. Later on we got a Saint Bernard dog, but the house belonged to the cat and the dog knew it.

Good thoughts, Tony.

Sean Weitzel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2011 10:43 PM      Profile for Sean Weitzel   Email Sean Weitzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, As a lifetime cat servant, my heart goes out to you. I could go into detail about all of my fuzzy kitties(kids) i've had over the years but your Gizmo is first and foremost on my mind at this moment. May he go in complete peace and leave you with the best memories. Take care.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 06-09-2011 11:00 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, Mark - sorry to hear that you had to put down "Dakota" - he was a great dog to have .... my condolences.

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2011 12:28 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gizmo sounds like an amazing cat. Sorry for the loss Tony...hang in there.

AJG

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2011 12:53 AM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's nothing I can say that will ease your loss.
I'm sure Gizmo was a great companion to you, and you will
miss him. But be assured that another great cat or some
other pet will some day find its' way into your life &
your heart. RIP Gizmo!

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 06-10-2011 02:22 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My condolences to you Tony. RIP Gizmo.

FWIW I continue to both mourn the loss of, and celebrate the memories I have of the kitties that have been a part of my life over the years - Baka, Spike, Zipper, Timber, Run, Tripod (a.k.a. Stumpy), and Jiji. The present master Streak (a.k.a. Chobi) does a lot to take the edge off of those times when I'm really missing those little guys.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 06-10-2011 02:42 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

Sorry to hear. Sad day for you, Tony. Hang in there.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: