Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » The Dark Knight Rises OFFICIAL Discussion Thread (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises OFFICIAL Discussion Thread
Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-13-2011 07:39 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This forum needs an OFFICIAL place where we can discuss and make fun of the photos and whatnot which are leaked from the movie. I shall begin. This thread is OFFICIAL.

-

-

-
She looks like a clown with that ultra-red lipstick. She is so miscast. Also, she makes no attempt to cover her identity. Also sad is the return of the Bat-Motorcycle. I am assuming that it will get damaged in this movie and turn into a Bat-unicycle.

The forum is not powerful enough to embed this image, so you must click here.
(Looks like a black-and-white Green Lantern riding that thing)

I am amazed that the production team lets so many people get close enough to grab images and vids like some of these. They are not very flattering.

|  IP: Logged

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2011 07:52 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why is F-T not requiring me to ingest a KDM so I can look at the pictures?

Joseph L. Kleiman
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2011 09:22 PM      Profile for Joseph L. Kleiman   Email Joseph L. Kleiman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you take a look at the video that Joe linked to, which can be seen much better here , you'll see Hathaway's stunt double crashing into an IMAX 15perf/65mm camera.

Interesting that at a time when the majority of IMAX theaters are digital, more than half of this film is being shot with large format film stock on what looks to be MSM (Marty and Barbara Mueller) designed cameras.

-
publicity photo (C) WB/IMAX.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 08-13-2011 11:30 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The way she's riding the motorcycle in that clip makes it look like the world's largest and most mobile sex toy.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-14-2011 02:44 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought they were shooting the entire thing in IMAX. I wonder if there will be many (if any) real IMAXes left in the world to see it in. There are no real IMAX locations here in Denver any more.

I wonder why they take so much care to cover the stunt-double's head yet they allow footage like this to be shot and leaked.

Geoff Jones
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-14-2011 08:09 AM      Profile for Geoff Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Geoff Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, is the Colorado Center no longer using film in its Imax house?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-14-2011 12:04 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Officially, I thought the Dark Knight Rises trailer was terrible. I have a friend who is a real Bat-fan and he thought it was disappointing, too.

And, why are they still sending out KDMs for the "encrypted" version of that trailer when the un-encrypted version is readily available on Trailmix?

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 08-14-2011 12:39 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll withhold my judgment about the movie and the casting of Anne Hathaway until I see the show.

While it's great Christopher Nolan is shooting a great deal of the movie in 15/65mm the effort will be wasted without any 15/70mm equipped IMAX theaters. One of the really funny things is a regular movie theater equipped with 4K digital projection will probably show a significantly more detailed image than IMAX Digital shows. Of course this hinges on whether Warner Bros. willy pay for a 4K or higher resolution digital intermediate instead of the default 2K standard.

I assume Cinemark has removed the 15/70 projectors from all of their IMAX theaters.

Jonathan Althaus
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-14-2011 02:57 PM      Profile for Jonathan Althaus   Email Jonathan Althaus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I've seen, there are no more Cinemark 15/70 houses. The only 15/70 in DFW I'm aware of is Colleyville Cinema Grill

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 08-14-2011 03:37 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a fairly new theater isn't it? Are you sure it is equipped for 15/70 film? I figured it was another digital installation.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-14-2011 03:38 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Geoff Jones
Joe, is the Colorado Center no longer using film in its Imax house?
Nope. Even the museum is digital now.

quote: Jonathan Althaus
The only 15/70 in DFW I'm aware of is Colleyville Cinema Grill
A dinner theater with 15/70 IMAX? That's totally overkill.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-14-2011 03:39 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are there any 15/70 multiplex locations left? Lincoln Square would be. What about National Amusements? They don't have the big screen, but I haven't heard they have put in digital.

Back to BATMAN, here are a couple of shots of the new Batwing. Very impressive: Here and Here.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 08-14-2011 05:04 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joe Redifer
A dinner theater with 15/70 IMAX? That's totally overkill.
According to the theater's web site the IMAX auditorium doesn't have dining service. I would still be surprised if it is film-based (and remains that way up to the release of [i]The Dark Knight Rises{/i]. If it is film-based it would be the only true IMAX venue I would have any chance of visiting. All the others in Texas, Oklahoma and Colorado I've visited previously have gone digital.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-14-2011 06:18 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you should call and ask them.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 08-14-2011 07:07 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yah, just try that -- try calling and asking if they are still running film and if the screen is still 6 stories high and listen to them hem and haw before they put you on indefinate Hold; they are not at all forth-coming with that information.

Evidently they are a little sensitive about their digital conversions -- perhaps after the flack they got when people first discovered that IMAX doesn't really mean Big Screen any more, just the same Big Screen price, they'd rather just avoid discussing what is actually in the booth or the size of the screen altogether.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: