Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » "Coning" - Proof that many teenagers are complete idiots (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: "Coning" - Proof that many teenagers are complete idiots
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-16-2011 01:47 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have any of you heard of this new teen phenomenon? Apparently the idea is to:

- Have your friend in the passenger seat filming you with his/her phone

- Go to a McDonalds drive-up and order an ice cream cone

- When you get to the window, and the employee hands you the cone, you grab it by the ice cream instead of by the cone, and drive away laughing uproariously.

- Post the resulting video on YouTube.

Now, what the HELL is funny about this? The kid wastes money on a cone. Gets ice cream all over the steering wheel or car seat or both. For what?? Just to see the reaction on the McD employee's face? Plus, they usually wind up pitching the cone and napkin out of the car so they're littering on top of acting like morons.

Here's an example if you want to see what I'm talking about, but just search "Coning" or "Cone-ing" on Youtube and you'll get all kinds of hits.

Bill Cosby was right: Kids do have brain damage

|  IP: Logged

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 09-16-2011 02:00 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess planking wasn't stupid enough.

Another very stupid trend that is somehow picking up popularity: sagging in skinny jeans. Any sort of sagging is stupid enough. IMHO, only women should wear skinny jeans. So the combination of a dude wearing skinny jeans and sagging them just compounds the visual stupidity.

Jonathan M. Crist
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2011 02:18 PM      Profile for Jonathan M. Crist   Email Jonathan M. Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mike - at least with coning no one gets injured. Compare that to what goes on in my area. Ever hear of "Roofing"?

What is "Roofing"? You get 4 kids in a car and have the car go over bump/dip in the road and try to get all four (who are not wearing seat belts) to all hit the interior roof of the car.

In mid January of this year 4 Manheim Central (Lancaster PA) football players died as a result of this stunt. Seems after they hit the speedbump the driver lost control and crossed the centerline head-on into an oncomming vehicle:

Roofing Accident

There are several videos on-line "roofing" videos on Youtube as well.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-16-2011 03:12 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt the kids pay for their cones. It is VERY unfortunate that they can't get hurt by doing this. If I saw a kid reaching for a hot stove burner, damn right I'm going to let him do it. What better way for him to learn that burners are hot and not to be such an idiot again (granted, only if the kid is of an age to understand such things)? That's why I love Fail Compilation videos. It's nothing but stupid people getting hurt (which they deserve by attempting such stupid things in the first place). Strangely enough, I hate the Jackass stuff.

I wish more idiots would die, but generally they're the ones who reproduce the most and the smart ones often don't. How backwards is that?

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 09-16-2011 03:22 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are a huge number of teenagers who have absolutely no idea of the value of money. (Not to mention the surprising number of teens who can't actually count money -- far more than you would think will just dump a pile of cash on the counter and wait for me to take out the correct amount.)

I remember one girl of around 15 or 16 who gave me a $20 bill one day for something that cost $6 and then she walked away without her change. I called after her, "You have $14 change coming! Come back!" Without stopping she said "It's just my mom's money. I don't care."

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 09-16-2011 05:04 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Joe Redifer
I wish more idiots would die, but generally they're the ones who reproduce the most and the smart ones often don't. How backwards is that?
It's because poverty sucks. Smart people like to avoid poverty if they can help it.

Having children is a great way to throw yourself into financial poverty, especially here in the United States. And it's really bad if you make just enough money to disqualify you from getting any sort of financial help with the extreme costs that come from having kids. You figuratively get bent over and financially ass-raped by lots of different industries.

So there's lots of stupid (and poor) people having children. And some financially well off folks having children. The middle class parents with modest jobs have to do a shit load of doing without in order to raise children. That goes doubly so for single parents out there trying to survive.

Kinda makes getting a vasectomy sound like a pretty smart idea.

Chase Pickett
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2011 06:39 PM      Profile for Chase Pickett   Email Chase Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Birth control is now free in the U.S, so hopefully the idiots will take it. Oh and on a side note, why where rich assholes making a fuss over this?? You would think they would want birth control to be free.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-16-2011 06:53 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Birth control is free? When did that start?

And, I looked up planking since I'd never heard of it. It's silly as well, but at least it doesn't cost money and it doesn't result in a mess, littering and wasting food.

Edit: There's yet another variation -- "Cupping." That's the same as coning, except you order a cup of something and when they hand it to you, the idea is to squeeze it too hard and make the lid pop off and the liquid spill all over the place. The "payoff" is if the employee apologizes and offers to give you another soda.

DISCLAIMER: I will admit that I too pulled a prank at a McDonalds -- a friend and I drove through the drive-thru backwards. It was hilarious. So I'm not this humorless person, in case readers of this thread might get that impression.

Kara Tillotson
Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2011 09:17 PM      Profile for Kara Tillotson   Author's Homepage   Email Kara Tillotson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How bout the new fad of leaving all the stupid stickers on baseball hats?

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 09-16-2011 10:02 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Planking, I get.

It's mostly harmless. It could be funny if done well. It could be artistic if, for instance, you took a series of photos of a person planking in various places. I suppose it could be a form of political protest if, for instance, 1,000 people planked in front of the White House or something.

Not saying that planking is worthwhile but I get it. Coning? Stupid and un-funny.

Whatever happened to cow tipping? Now THERE'S a sport for drunken, idiotic teenagers!

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-17-2011 02:18 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Randy Stankey
I suppose it could be a form of political protest if, for instance, 1,000 people planked in front of the White House or something.
Wow. If there ever was a way to get politicians to carefully rethink an issue and go over it with a fine-tooth comb, this is the way!

"Sir! We have idiots planking outside!"

"Nooooo!!! Change our policies so that they are hippy-friendly and full of warm, fuzzy feelings. STAT!"

Or maybe this:

Reporter:
"Why did you change your stance on murdering billions of people and grinding them into paste just because they were poor?"

The Man:
"Motherfuckers were planking outside on the lawn. Can't argue with that shit. I now love poor people."

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 09-17-2011 08:50 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I'm not the one who thought it up!

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stories/Students-Plank-to-Protest-Education-Costs20110803-ktbcw#axzz1YDXXOYRc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krbpQtpmMSo

Edward Havens
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2011 12:52 PM      Profile for Edward Havens   Email Edward Havens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And, of course, with every hit these videos generate, we're just encouraging this troglodytic behavior.

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2011 02:02 PM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Kara Tillotson
How bout the new fad of leaving all the stupid stickers on baseball hats?
Speaking of baseball hats... What's the deal with the teenagers NOT forming the brim, but making the flat as a board? Every time I see one, I just want to grab it and bend it.

Had two teenagers walk into my lobby about two weeks ago with their pants sagging so low they literally had to have one hand to hold them up, and their underwear still showed... and they had the stupid flat brimmed hats as well. I pulled them over to the side and told them to leave the building, go put their pants on, and then they could come back inside. Never saw them again for the rest of the night.

Funny how you never see the cute blonde cheerleader-types walking around with their pants hanging off?

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 09-17-2011 05:01 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roofing -- just Nature's modern way of continuing natural selection -- weeding out STUPIDITY from the gene pool.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: